Question What if there's no beeps at all (or video) on power up?

Feb 7, 2021
I've had this board working months ago, then it sat in a box. Bought new CPU, new ram, no video.
  1. I confirmed ram is good, works on another PC. ASRock website has very limited RAM as tested w/this board
  2. I confirmed Video card is good, ditto
  3. The PSU is new and tests good
  4. When I power on, all the fans kick in, but nothing else. The CPU does not get hot. There are no beep codes.

ASRock 970A-G/3.1
AMD Phenom II 1045
DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB PC3-12800 14900 1600 1866 MHz Kingston HyperX Desktop Ram
GeForce 730 Video Card

I went through the No Post Guide item by item, with no luck.
I bought the CPU used, tried two different chips, same result.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU? What BIOS version were you on prior to dropping in the new CPU? Speaking of new CPU, what CPU were you using prior to the new CPU? How are you gauging the CPU's heat? Are you working with any cooling on the processor?

Reactions: Pedro-z
Feb 7, 2021
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to help me out. I'm very grateful.

PSU = Montech Beta 650W, 80+ Bronze Certified PSU
Prior CPU = AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz Socket AM3+ 95W FD6300WMHKBOX
Don't know the BIOS version, sorry.
I'm gauging the temp of the CPU by touching it with my finger. This with the fan removed, but still plugged into the MB and spinning. I know this could be dangerous, so I don't keep the power on very long, maybe 40 seconds at most, just to see if the video comes up.

I have a Cooling unit manufactured by AMD that normally comes with their CPUs. I had it on for a long time but ended up switching out the CPU many times. Before you ask, I'm certain that no pins are bent over, I examined this very carefully.

Your pal,
Pedro

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU? What BIOS version were you on prior to dropping in the new CPU? Speaking of new CPU, what CPU were you using prior to the new CPU? How are you gauging the CPU's heat? Are you working with any cooling on the processor?