Question What improvements would you make to my system?

Sep 6, 2021
Hi!

I recently built my first PC, and must admit the overwhelming amount of options and my lack of knowledge greatly limited my choices. Being on a tight budget didn't help either, so my system definitely lacks latest and greatest.

I had built this system intending to purchase a 2060 super, but, as we all know, those are pretty much gone. Now I'm looking into a 3060 ti, whenever those reach a price I can pay for. Until then, I bought an overpriced GTX 750 ti, which performs better than the integrated graphics.

CPU: i5 10400
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H410M-D
RAM: (2x) XPG Gammix D30, 8GB, 2666Mhz, DDR4, CL16 - (Ref. AX4U266638G16-SB30)
PSU: Corsair 550W 80 Plus Bronze CX550 - (Ref. CP-9020121)
Boot drive (SATA SSD): Gigabyte 120GB, 500mb/s reads, 380mb/s writes, (Ref. GP-GSTFS31120GNTD)
Drive for games/files: HD WD Blue, 2TB, 3.5´, SATA 6.0Gb/s - (Ref. WD20EZAZ)
GPU: GTX 750 TI (Ref. BP-GTX750TI-2GD5D1)

I have generic DC fans which seem to perform well enough, although their LEDs are an eyesore. Also have a generic case, which this far has worked well enough.

With this in mind, wanting to future-proof my PC, or otherwise improve performance/remove bottlenecks, what specs would you change, considering the near-certain future acquisition of a 3060 ti?

[EDIT] Keep in mind I don't really care for anything greater than 1080p, and want to smoothly play the most recent games without having to compromise too much on visuals.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

There's nothing I would do to that system, outside of getting better fans in the case and improving airflow. Speaking of case airflow, you forgot to mention the make and model of your chassis. The PSU should hold it's ground but please keep in mind that when you gun for that RTX3060Ti, you will need to look into a reliably built 650W PSU, something from Seasonic would be on my to buy list.

Speaking of buying, you forgot to mention the budget for your potential changes/swaps, where you're located and your preferred site for purchase.

Oh, right, a larger SSD for your boot drive. One that's half full after OS and all app's are installed.