[SOLVED] What Intel CPU and Motherboard can I get for about 70-80$?

Kinghunter503

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
I Have A hp p2-1311 desktop that runs crappy I need suggestions for a new motherboard and CPU In time for Christmas I would like to be able to play rainbow 6 Siege w/ my cousins Help would be appreciated Thx :D

Solution
The thing about external PSU they pretty much come in one size for whatever computerthey are designed for and mixing one from another computer is just not smart. At this point I would seriously consider saving up and just building a new computer.

Here is a budget build that should do 1080P 60FPS without any issue. The mobo is showing a warning but it should have an updated BIOS already installed from the factory.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HbXGPn

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($144.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B360M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial...
If this https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659886 is your computer there are a few issues. First it is a mini-ITX form factor motherboards, which generally arent cheap. Second and more importantly, that computer has a extremely low power external power supply (65 Watts), so anything but a low watt CPU is out of the question and theres no chance to run a graphics card, which you'll need.

If you want to game, you need a new computer.

Kinghunter503

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
If this https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659886 is your computer there are a few issues. First it is a mini-ITX form factor motherboards, which generally arent cheap. Second and more importantly, that computer has a extremely low power external power supply (65 Watts), so anything but a low watt CPU is out of the question and theres no chance to run a graphics card, which you'll need.

If you want to game, you need a new computer.
What about If I Replace the external power supply?

The thing about external PSU they pretty much come in one size for whatever computerthey are designed for and mixing one from another computer is just not smart. At this point I would seriously consider saving up and just building a new computer.

Here is a budget build that should do 1080P 60FPS without any issue. The mobo is showing a warning but it should have an updated BIOS already installed from the factory.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HbXGPn

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($144.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B360M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.89 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB Twin Fan Video Card ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair SPEC-04 ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.96 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $596.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-07 02:37 EST-0500

This doesn't include a copy of windows, however you can download and install Windows and not activate it, you just wont have a few features as well as a water mark in the bottom corner until you buy a license. You could also save about 20 or 30 dollars and get a standard HDD but anymore having an SSD at least for the main system drive really makes computers much faster

Solution
That system you built is pretty weak. I would strongly suggest my build over that one. Yours has some issues

A dual core CPU for gaming is exceedingly weak
You dont need a sound card.
You dont need a CPU cooler for low and mid range CPUs, the included stock one works just fine
You dont need 3200mhz RAM as all but Z boards support a maximum of 2666mhz
You can get much cheaper cases that are pretty good. The one I linked is a fantastic case at 50 bucks