What is a binkw32.dll and why am I missing it

n2it

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I went to start Bioshock 2 today and it said that it was missing this binkw32.dll I don't know how it could come up missing from last time I played the game yesterday

Solution
Binkw32.dll errors are caused by issues that the particular game you're trying to install or play is having with the Bink Video codec created by RAD Game Tools, Inc.

Copy the binkw32.dll file from your game's System directory to your game's root directory. In some games, the binkw32.dll file is placed in the wrong directory when the game is installed.

For example, if your game is installed in C:\Program Files\Game, copy the binkw32.dll file from C:\Program Files\Game\System folder to the game's root folder at C:\Program Files\Game.

Copy the binkw32.dll file to your Windows System directory. Some people experiencing binkw32.dll errors have fixed this problem by copying the binkw32.dll file from its location in the game's installation...
Binkw32.dll errors are caused by issues that the particular game you're trying to install or play is having with the Bink Video codec created by RAD Game Tools, Inc.

Copy the binkw32.dll file from your game's System directory to your game's root directory. In some games, the binkw32.dll file is placed in the wrong directory when the game is installed.

For example, if your game is installed in C:\Program Files\Game, copy the binkw32.dll file from C:\Program Files\Game\System folder to the game's root folder at C:\Program Files\Game.

Copy the binkw32.dll file to your Windows System directory. Some people experiencing binkw32.dll errors have fixed this problem by copying the binkw32.dll file from its location in the game's installation folder to the C:\Windows\System folder.

Other Options ..

1. Reinstall game.
2. Install updates/patches
3. Update video card drivers.
4. Download and install RAD Video Tools : http://www.radgametools.com/down/Bink/RADTools.exe

Solution

Yasin Conaboy

Honorable
May 30, 2013

See in my case i can't even find the binkw32.dll in the first place so i can't move it so should i just re-install it, or what