[SOLVED] What is a good/budget price of a normal psu?

Aug 12, 2020
Planning to replace my old psu to a new one, I have this question on my mind. Is it okay to buy a $12 psu? If no, what is the "legit/regular" price of a good psu. Its an "Inplay 750W Desktop Power Supply" one.

(edit forgot to put)

specs:
cpu - i5-2500
mobo - samsung h61s1
ram - 16gb
hdd - 270gb
gpu - gtx1050ti
psu - 650w delkin
os - windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
Omg where the heck did you find a 12 dollar PSU.

It's not good to cheap out on your PSU even though when your on a budget. Since your CPU wattage is 95, and your 1050ti is 75. You don't really need a high wattage PSU. You can even get a 450 watt PSU, or 500 to be sure but quality has to be good also.

You can look at EVGA's BR series PSU I had the same CPU paired with an RX580. I was cutting it so close, but I couldn't overlock anything.

EVGA BR 450w Bronze (40 dollars) is what I had, but this build was about 2 years ago.

Edit: I've searched up the PSU you wanted, and it does look generic. Never trust generic PSU because even though is says the wattage it can output it could be inaccurate, components quality could be low as well.

If...

Lutfij

Titan
The answer is...no! The long answer is, the PSU's purchase should be the last component in your build, once you've populated the innards for the system, meaning once you figured out the max power your entire system will need once powered up. If you plan to overclock, add some more wattage. like 50W more. If you plan to hold onto the PSU for a longer period of time, add some more wattage, like 50~100W.

There are numerous PSU brands and models out there, which one are you looking at?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: Existing PSU.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Omg where the heck did you find a 12 dollar PSU.

It's not good to cheap out on your PSU even though when your on a budget. Since your CPU wattage is 95, and your 1050ti is 75. You don't really need a high wattage PSU. You can even get a 450 watt PSU, or 500 to be sure but quality has to be good also.

You can look at EVGA's BR series PSU I had the same CPU paired with an RX580. I was cutting it so close, but I couldn't overlock anything.

EVGA BR 450w Bronze (40 dollars) is what I had, but this build was about 2 years ago.

Edit: I've searched up the PSU you wanted, and it does look generic. Never trust generic PSU because even though is says the wattage it can output it could be inaccurate, components quality could be low as well.

If your planning on upgrading your CPU, or even GPU depending later on, how much wattage it use. Look for higher wattages PSU like the cx650m which again I had on a different build before. It's a bit expensive but it's good. Right now I have the RM750 (a gift from my sibling).

Last edited:
Solution