[SOLVED] What is a good cpu cooler?

Jan 30, 2021
Hello guys, I'm planning on a build. I'm looking for a good cpu cooler under 40 bucks that comes with thermal paste or not. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Solution
For an i3-10100, it would probably make more sense to just stick with the stock cooler and put that money toward other parts of the system, unless you really want quieter operation. In fact, rather than spending that money on a cooler, you could spend roughly the same amount to move up to an i5-10400 with 50% more cores and threads.

And if you were considering upgrading to an 11th-gen Core CPU, I don't see the point in building a system with a 10100 now. Those new CPUs will be launching in a matter of weeks, so you might as well just wait a bit and see what reviews have to say about them.

And what is the intended use of this system? If it's for something like gaming, be aware that there's a major graphics card shortage right now...
For an i3-10100, it would probably make more sense to just stick with the stock cooler and put that money toward other parts of the system, unless you really want quieter operation. In fact, rather than spending that money on a cooler, you could spend roughly the same amount to move up to an i5-10400 with 50% more cores and threads.

And if you were considering upgrading to an 11th-gen Core CPU, I don't see the point in building a system with a 10100 now. Those new CPUs will be launching in a matter of weeks, so you might as well just wait a bit and see what reviews have to say about them.

And what is the intended use of this system? If it's for something like gaming, be aware that there's a major graphics card shortage right now, so you are unlikely to be able to find a worthwhile graphics card at a reasonable price, and that will probably remain the case for months to come.

Reactions: Flayed
Solution
Jan 30, 2021
11th generation cpu's are very expensive. I've seen their prices. Honestly, I'm using the system for some gaming, but studying/doing work is the priority. Like 65% studying, 35% gaming. About graphics card, I've found the 1650 super for about 200 bucks, which is great.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Jan 30, 2021
the difference between i3-10100 and i5-10400 is just 35 dollars-not a big deal. May consider that. But importantly, will the stock cooler for the i3-10100 and most probably the i5-10400 suffice? Thermal paste I'm getting is 10 dollars- the cooler-hyper 212 evo is 32.5 dollars and it comes with thermal paste..... I'm thinking to get the cooler better. Am I right?

They have released the prices on twitter as far as I know. For Flayed, what gpu are you using? And what are the exact temperatures? Some people can think that 85 degrees is fine.
My Dad is using the IGP no discrete graphics card. I'm not sure of the temperatures he just said it was fine and the two Noctua redux fans never spin fast. I can ask him next time I speak to him though.