What is a good lamp for computer repair?

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I'm looking for a proper lamp for computer repair, just to illuminte my desk surface, either a desk lamp or standing floor lamp. I've seen fancy LED lamps but the LEDs cannot be replaced if they break. Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?

Ralston18

Titan
I prefer desk lamps.

Even though the desk lamp takes a bit of desk space it is much less cumbersome than trying to move a floor lamp about. And in a pinch I can set the desk lamp on an adjacent surface....

But some floor lamps have goose necks that allow further adjustment beyond just moving the lamp base.

Depending on your eyesight, consider a desk lamp with a built in magnifying glass.

Not sure about LED's being replaceable or not. There are lamps with LED bulbs that can be replaced.

If the lamp is to be a "proper" lamp for repair work then spend more money upfront as you would for any tool investment.

Visit various stores and otherwise go "hands on" with as many desklamps or floor lamps as you can.

Very likely that you will find a lamp that you will like and be able to work with. Then check and verify that the bulbs are replaceable. And available....

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
Depending on your eyesight, consider a desk lamp with a built in magnifying glass.

If the lamp is to be a "proper" lamp for repair work then spend more money upfront as you would for any tool investment.

Visit various stores and otherwise go "hands on" with as many desklamps or floor lamps as you can.

Very likely that you will find a lamp that you will like and be able to work with. Then check and verify that the bulbs are replaceable. And available....
All of this. I also am older and have less than perfect vision anymore, so I checked quite a few in store before I made my decision, but time and effort (and money) well spent for me.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm looking for a proper lamp for computer repair, just to illuminte my desk surface, either a desk lamp or standing floor lamp. I've seen fancy LED lamps but the LEDs cannot be replaced if they break. Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?
I would have a medium brightness desk lamp and a headlamp that can be used in conjunction with a binocular magnifier. That will provide you with bright localized light plus area lighting.