What is a good monitor for Gtx 980 sli

MaxChasis

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Hey, so I have Gtx 980 sli and I built my computer for witcher 3 mainly, so I was very excited when I saw that I was getting 115fps with everything turned on (exept hairworks) and 85 fps with hair works on (in highly damanding areas). Right now I have a OK monitor, 1080p 60fps 5ms. It's not a gaming monitor. So my question is, what monitor should I get? I'm open to anything about 27-32 inches. Under 700-800. Is their any monitor worth buying these days? Is the 1440p 144hz any good? Will their be any monitors revealed soon, like new gsnyc ones, at e3 or some gaming convention? If you have any romours about a monitor that upcoming, let me know.thanks guys.

I5 4690k
Msi gaming 5 mobo
8gb ram 1600 (2x4)
Msi 980 4g
Msi 980 4g
Seasonic 750w gold rating

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Holding out for more G-Sync monitors myself. The ASUS ROG is nice, but too expensive. The competition has yet to make a decent alternative (Though Acer does have that 144Hz IPS display, but it is the same price)

4K is still tempting, but the hardware isn't there yet. I hate to spend all that on a ROG Swift and then have something better come along soon.

davidarad02

Admirable
there's almost never rumors of monitors, because a new monitor is not that exciting as a new GPU or something like that.
generally, 1440p 144 Hz is the way to go, as 4k is expensive and very hard to run. look for the Acer XB270HU if you can find it, but if you can't just get the Asus RoG swift. you might want to wait to E3, but I would recommend to not have high expectations.

davidarad02

Admirable

or get the acer 1440p 144Hz IPS panel, if you want.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Really waiting for a 144Hz monitor above 27". I already have a 27" 60hz monitor and while it would be a huge improvement with just the refresh rate and G-sync, I just feel I would have buyer's remorse when a 32" monitor comes out for roughly the same price.

Have to do something soon though. GTX980 #2 arrives today, now into Uber overkill on my 1920x1080 monitor. (Going to hook it up to my 4K TV again and see how it does before deciding on a 4K G-Sync possibility)

Hmm. I'm gonna have to disagree. Even GTX 980 SLI will struggle and likely not push 144 frames, though with that said anything above 60 FPS on such panel is an improvement. If you can afford a PLS/IPS 144 Hz, get that and call it a day. No point buying a lower end TN panel, the difference is night and day. If you won't be playing on uber settings (above Ultra)--such as maximum AA or other 'special' settings, I would personally lean more towards the 144 Hz models. Keep in mind that there are also 75 and 120 Hz panel on the market as well.