[SOLVED] What is a good system within $1000 Price range

Nov 9, 2019
I would like to ask what is a good gaming pc that can play cyberpunk 2077 that can also use multiple monitors and maybe even streaming. thanks

Solution
Here is the list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (₱ 10,950.00 )
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX (₱4,630.00 )
Memory: TForce XCalibur 16GB(2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz (₱1,470.00 )
Storage: SAMUNG 860 EVO 500GB (₱4,500.00 )
Video Card: Sapphire RX5700XT Pulse OC (₱23,000.00 )
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (₱6,950.00 )
Case: Fractal Define S (₱4,780.00 )

TOTAL: ₱56,280.00

Better build and quality for lesser budget.
What country?

What resolution?

By multiple monitors do you mean actually GAMING on multiple monitors, or just one monitor for gaming and another for browser or other functions?

Do you need the monitors included in this price, because if so and if you want anything other than very basic crummy displays, that's unlikely to happen. You'll be pushing the limit as it is just getting everything without the monitors. But we can see.

Nov 9, 2019
What country?

What resolution?

By multiple monitors do you mean actually GAMING on multiple monitors, or just one monitor for gaming and another for browser or other functions?

Do you need the monitors included in this price, because if so and if you want anything other than very basic crummy displays, that's unlikely to happen. You'll be pushing the limit as it is just getting everything without the monitors. But we can see.

Country: Philippines (ill probably base prices from what will be recommended and look for them here.)

Monitor: no monitors included in the price range. Monitor for gaming and another one for browsing - i just want to know if the recommended GPU will be able to run multiple monitors if possible

resolution: im not sure what resolution is good.

Well, for a build in this price range I would expect to be looking at 1080p gaming. 1440p or 4k gaming cannot be realistically HAD for an entire build for less than 1000 dollars, especially in the Philippines where I know hardware is going to be more expensive because I've helped many people from that region in the past and that was always the case.

However, I'll leave all that up to you. I'd recommend that you maybe look at doing something like this, but obviously there are no guarantees that all of the hardware I recommend will be available to you OR be available to you at similar prices. Often we've had to seriously drop the capability of the build to lower tiered hardware to meet the cost of hardware where you are.

Plus, Cyberpunk 2077 is a pretty demanding title, so there is that too.

Is there ANY hardware you have already that you do NOT need, such as a case, case fans, power supply, storage drives or anything else, that might shave some costs off the budget? If so, please provide the model or series of said hardware so we can determine if it will in fact even be appropriate for use with the rest of the hardware.

Here is the list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6C/12T (₱10,810.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar MAX (₱5,270.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2 x 8GB) 3200Mhz (₱4,250.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Storage: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB (₱4,500.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB DDR6 (₱23,000.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Power Supply: Corsair CX650M (₱4,050.00 @ DynaQuest PC)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 (₱2,950.00 @ DynaQuest PC)

TOTAL: ₱54,830.00

This is the best performance you can get for that budget.
All high quality components.
Everything is compatible.
If you still have budget left get this PSU instead
https://dynaquestpc.com/collections...650watts-80plus-gold-modular-cs-cp-9020132-na
Both are of high quality but the TX650 is gold rated and CX650M is bronze rated. Both are good for you.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Well, for a build in this price range I would expect to be looking at 1080p gaming. 1440p or 4k gaming cannot be realistically HAD for an entire build for less than 1000 dollars, especially in the Philippines where I know hardware is going to be more expensive because I've helped many people from that region in the past and that was always the case.

However, I'll leave all that up to you. I'd recommend that you maybe look at doing something like this, but obviously there are no guarantees that all of the hardware I recommend will be available to you OR be available to you at similar prices. Often we've had to seriously drop the capability of the build to lower tiered hardware to meet the cost of hardware where you are.

Plus, Cyberpunk 2077 is a pretty demanding title, so there is that too.

Is there ANY hardware you have already that you do NOT need, such as a case, case fans, power supply, storage drives or anything else, that might shave some costs off the budget? If so, please provide the model or series of said hardware so we can determine if it will in fact even be appropriate for use with the rest of the hardware.

I pretty much need all the parts because it will be from scratch. Budget would be at $1000-1,100 Price range. (I do have a monitor i can use)

Nov 9, 2019
Here is the list:

https://dynaquestpc.com/collections...650watts-80plus-gold-modular-cs-cp-9020132-na
Both are of high quality but the TX650 is gold rated and CX650M is bronze rated. Both are good for you.

Thanks, ill check it now

The CX models are NOT of "high quality", and honestly neither are the TX models. Maybe comparatively, but not overall. They are of "passable" or "ok" quality, which of course is much better than low, poor or dumpster fire quality. They will work, especially the TX which is somewhat better in some cases depending on how old each model is, since a very old TX is probably not as good as a brand new gray label CX, but any of the old green label models are to be avoided.

Nov 9, 2019
The CX models are NOT of "high quality", and honestly neither are the TX models. Maybe comparatively, but not overall. They are of "passable" or "ok" quality, which of course is much better than low, poor or dumpster fire quality. They will work, especially the TX which is somewhat better in some cases depending on how old each model is, since a very old TX is probably not as good as a brand new gray label CX, but any of the old green label models are to be avoided.

can i have the link or parts you think will be good

I know they are not multi build recommendations. But for single build swaps they are high quality PSUs. I would recommend spending money towards other components in pairing of these PSUs which are very good. It doesn't makes sense to go any higher on PSU while compromising on performance for the budget. So yes there are high quality PSUs in their Tier. If I were to recommend something like Seasonic S12II or EVGA G+ I would have agreed to your point of them being not up to the mark. CXM and TX are very reliable even under continuous usage for long sessions of gaming.

The ones I listed are newer versions of CXM and TX. CX(Non M) is also very decent for low budget builds. But yes for this I would recommend minimum of CXM PSU of 650W.

Nov 9, 2019
Here is the list:

Btw, will this build be able to play cyberpunk 2077 and is it upgradeable if ever the needs arise.

At what level and degree of performance are you looking to play?

Are you looking for Ultra settings? Mid to high settings?

What is the refresh rate of the monitor that will be used for gaming? Does it have variable sync, like G-sync or Freesynce?

Are you looking for 1080p 60fps type performance or 144hz type performance and frame rates?

These are all things you need to consider when putting a system together and if you're not sure, then you need to do some research and figure it out before trying to buy any parts. After buying parts, is NOT the time to learn about what you actually needed.

Nov 9, 2019
At what level and degree of performance are you looking to play?

Are you looking for Ultra settings? Mid to high settings?

What is the refresh rate of the monitor that will be used for gaming? Does it have variable sync, like G-sync or Freesynce?

Are you looking for 1080p 60fps type performance or 144hz type performance and frame rates?

These are all things you need to consider when putting a system together and if you're not sure, then you need to do some research and figure it out before trying to buy any parts. After buying parts, is NOT the time to learn about what you actually needed.

Mid to high settings.
monitor used: 144hz 1080p with free sync.

So, then, if it were me, buying right now with that budget, I'd try to find something comparable to this, but there is certainly nothing wrong with King Dranzers recommendation either. That system would perform well.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.88 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cougar Vortex PWM 70.5 CFM 120 mm Fan ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1000.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 00:37 EST-0500

So, then, if it were me, buying right now with that budget, I'd try to find something comparable to this, but there is certainly nothing wrong with King Dranzers recommendation either. That system would perform well.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.88 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1000.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 00:37 EST-0500
Consider his local currency. That is way up his budget. And going for RX 5700 over 5700 XT when budget difference in Philippines is minimal even compared to what it is in US. I recommend going with 5700 XT over 5700.

I don't think an XT card is in any way necessary for single monitor 1080p gaming. Even an RX 580 will give you ultra gaming in most 1080p titles if you only need 60fps. A 5700 with a good CPU should be able to easily handle 144fps. Still, if the price difference is small, it might be worth it for the 5700xt.

I think at med to high settings though, with that CPU, the 5700 is more than enough for 1080p 144fps, and on less demanding games than Cyberpunk 2077, AC:Origins, Far Cry 5 and games like that which are intensely CPU bound, you should have no problem doing 144fps on most average games at ultra settings with the 5700. Really, the 5700 and 5700XT are 1440p cards, so at 1080p it should be overkill, which is probably ok in my book. I'd rather have a little too much than a little too little.

Obviously he's going to have to find hardware that is easily sourced for HIS region, from what and I have posted. Especially if he has to buy from local shops.

Nov 9, 2019
This is what they have atm:

cpu: ryzen 5 3600
mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
ram: GSKILL RIPJAWS V 16GB DUAL DDR4 3200MHZ
Storage: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
Gpu:powerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT
PSU - EVGA 650B3, 650watts PSU, 80 bronze, full modular
case: TECWARE FORGE GAMING CHASSIS

Is it good?
as for a case they are still looking for one but the current available are;
https://www.tecware.co/void
https://www.tecware.co/vega

I don't think an XT card is in any way necessary for single monitor 1080p gaming. Even an RX 580 will give you ultra gaming in most 1080p titles if you only need 60fps. A 5700 with a good CPU should be able to easily handle 144fps. Still, if the price difference is small, it might be worth it for the 5700xt.

I think at med to high settings though, with that CPU, the 5700 is more than enough for 1080p 144fps, and on less demanding games than Cyberpunk 2077, AC:Origins, Far Cry 5 and games like that which are intensely CPU bound, you should have no problem doing 144fps on most average games at ultra settings with the 5700. Really, the 5700 and 5700XT are 1440p cards, so at 1080p it should be overkill, which is probably ok in my book. I'd rather have a little too much than a little too little.

Obviously he's going to have to find hardware that is easily sourced for HIS region, from what and I have posted. Especially if he has to buy from local shops.
Unless you drop the settings from Ultra in most titles RX 5700 is unable to even pass 100fps mark whereas RX 5700 XT passes that. For True 1080p 144Hz gaming the recommended is RTX 2080 Super to get no compromise gaming experience which is 120-140fps+ at Ultra settings. Even with that card not all games surpass that Mark but good 80-90% titles achieve that.

I am not limiting the recommendation to single title. As over time I expect OP to play lot many different titles and want on avg. at least 80% games to surpass at least 100fps mark.

This is what they have atm:

cpu: ryzen 5 3600
mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
ram: GSKILL RIPJAWS V 16GB DUAL DDR4 3200MHZ
Storage: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
Gpu:powerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT
PSU - EVGA 650B3, 650watts PSU, 80 bronze, full modular
case: TECWARE FORGE GAMING CHASSIS

Is it good?
as for a case they are still looking for one but the current available are;
https://www.tecware.co/void
https://www.tecware.co/vega
That Motherboard is overkill and waster of money over MSI B450 Gaming Plus or Mortar. Get GPU from a better brand like Sapphire or MSI. I would recommend Corsair CXM over B3. Definitely recommend better case.

Get rid of the B3 PSU. They are fire bombs. ALL of the ones Aris tested in Tom's hardware reviews, failed testing. If you buy an EVGA power supply you want to stick with the B2, GQ, G2, maaaaybe the G3 because it is not a bad unit but is louder than the G2 and not quite as good, P2 or T2 models. The B1, B3, N1, W1, NEX G1, G5, BQ and unless you want a very mediocre model also the BT models, should be avoided.

Personally, I think the Pro Carbon boards are a good choice, because they are one of the few MSI boards in recent generations that I have never seen a trend of higher than normal failure rates on, but the Tomahawk boards are good as well. Early on I was seen problems with those boards in the B450 chipset models but lately I haven't seen any at all so whatever was going on either worked itself out or was ironed out by MSI. Either of them is a good choice. The B450 Plus and Mortar, well, they are ok, but you get what you pay for usually when it comes to motherboards. Not always to be sure, because, for example, the Gigabyte Gaming 5 models usually offered the exact same quality and features as the Gaming 7 models that were significantly more expensive and only offered a few extra fan headers and maybe a slightly better audio codec or extra pair of secondary SATA headers in exchange for the increase in price. Something most users didn't need or want anyhow, so the Gaming 5 was just as good. Both had the exact same VRM configurations using the exact same selection of chokes, caps and mosfets among other things.

Most reviews conclusively agree that the B450 Tomahawk is the best all around B450 board in terms of price/performance, and believe me, that is a hard thing to repeat when I have traditionally not been a fan of MSI motherboards, however given the fact that they have had the foresight to include BIOS flashback so that their boards can easily be used (Most of them worth using anyhow) with Ryzen 3000 series OR have released newer iterations of existing boards so that no BIOS update is even needed, while other manufacturers have completely ignored this PITA for users and have neglected to offer EITHER option or even made it a consideration, that makes them hard to ignore. Especially since most of the problems I was seeing for a while there seem to have dried up. I haven't heard or seen any complaints regarding failures, at least not in the numbers I was seeing before, for a while now, on the Tomahawk boards. The Pro Carbon boards never seemed to have those same problems. The Bazooka, Mortar and Gaming Plus boards are what they are. They are more budget oriented models.

Nov 9, 2019
Last edited:
Just a quick look at that I see a few good choices jump out without even looking past Fractal design. The Focus G. Define S and Define R6 are all good choices depending on how much you want to spend. The Focus G is actually the case I opted for in my build above and it's listed on the site you linked, so it's a very good budget choice. Obviously if you want to spend more you can get more, but for the price or any price near it's price, the Focus G is usually one of the better choices.

Nov 9, 2019
Shop owner got back to me and told me this is the actual list they have for my budget and for the recommended.

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 ₱ 10,800.00
mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC ₱ 7,650.00
Gpu:Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT Triple Fan ₱26,880.00
Storage: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB ₱ 4,500.00
Ram: GSKILL RIPJAWS V 16GB DUAL DDR4 3200MHZ ₱4,250.00
PSU - EVGA 650GQ, 650watts PSU, 80 gold,SM ₱ 5,280.00
case: Cougar Panzer G TG ₱ 5,290.00

total of $1320

Here is the list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (₱ 10,950.00 )
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX (₱4,630.00 )
Memory: TForce XCalibur 16GB(2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz (₱1,470.00 )
Storage: SAMUNG 860 EVO 500GB (₱4,500.00 )
Video Card: Sapphire RX5700XT Pulse OC (₱23,000.00 )
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (₱6,950.00 )
Case: Fractal Define S (₱4,780.00 )

TOTAL: ₱56,280.00

Better build and quality for lesser budget.

Solution