What is a great quality UPS that I can plug my surge protector in to?

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015
This is my surge protector:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120524

Tripp Lite ISOBAR6ULTRA 6 ft Cord 6 Outlets 3330 Joules Isobar Surge Suppressor

Recently had a scare from a bad storm that somehow took out my motherboard and did nothing else to my computer. It would not POST and could just turn on for a split second and immediately shut down. When I say turn on I mean I'd hear the fans and see some blue LEDs light up but then nothing. When I got the computer to stay 'on' on my kitchen counter where I was working on it, it then would not shut down from the power button - but only by turning off the power in the back. I had to almost jump start it like a car to even get it to stay on by hitting power over and over. That's all resolved and I've freshly reinstalled Windows 7 on a similar but slightly newer model of my old motherboard.

Now I want to protect myself even further. Can I plug that surge protector into a UPS for another line of defense?

As in: UPS --> ISOBAR Surge protector --> Computer

Not even sure how I got so unlucky. I live in a relatively new apartment complex and newer buildings are even better at protecting things in the regular outlets because of higher standards and whatnot. My friend said he uses a regular cheap power strip and never has issues. I got REALLY unlucky, and do not want it to happen again. Would a UPS (or could it) take the brunt of a surge in the future before it even got to my ISOBAR?

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015
Anyone? Just want some advice on this topic. I probably won't want to spend any more than $50 on one, but I want to know if this is even a good idea - and if it could cause any issues. Don't see why it would, but why not ask first.