What is a Mid Tower Case?

RBG FuSion

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
i am looking to buy the Corsair Crystal 570x ATX Mid tower case, and i was wondering what is the difference between a Mid tower and a Full tower case? and how can i tell what is what? since i dont have a clue what i currently have all i know is that it is made by Fierce PC
thanks.

Solution
A mid tower case is smaller than a full tower case. But you don't really need a full tower case unless you are building a high end machine with a lot of components or liquid cooling.

A mid tower case will support itx, mATX, and ATX mother boards. Most wont support an eATX motherboard, but you don't need a eATX motherboard. If you did, you would know the difference between mid tower and full tower.

The Corsiar 570x is a very good case and will be much easier to move around. Just be prepared to wipe off a lot of finger prints. Unless you are wanting to ad a custom loop for liquid cooling, you really don't need a full tower.

But if you want a full tower, I have a Phantecks Ethoo Luxe Tempered Glass and it is the best case I have...
A mid tower case is smaller than a full tower case. But you don't really need a full tower case unless you are building a high end machine with a lot of components or liquid cooling.

A mid tower case will support itx, mATX, and ATX mother boards. Most wont support an eATX motherboard, but you don't need a eATX motherboard. If you did, you would know the difference between mid tower and full tower.

The Corsiar 570x is a very good case and will be much easier to move around. Just be prepared to wipe off a lot of finger prints. Unless you are wanting to ad a custom loop for liquid cooling, you really don't need a full tower.

But if you want a full tower, I have a Phantecks Ethoo Luxe Tempered Glass and it is the best case I have ever owned.

Solution
Mid tower means whatever the case maker wants it to mean.
Usually, the implication is that it is not a Huge case in size.

More practically, look at the size of motherboard it supports,
The case you listed supports up to ATX sized motherboards(they will have 7 expansion slots) the max depth of the motherboard is 272mm.
It is unlikely that you will use a motherboard that deep.