Question What is a normal temperature for 5950x

Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I've just built a PC (atx) with the following specs:

Ryzen 5950
graphics : RTX 3080ti

Top H100i liquid corsair exhaust
Front three fans inbound.

My processor averages 55Celsious with a normal usage (a vmware or not open is the same and 15 tabs on browser).

However sometimes it can easily reach from 60 to 79 Celsious and I haven't played a Game yet to test my card.

I did a prime 95 test for half an hour without any interruption. The temperature there reach around 70 - 80 sometimes.

Is that normal?

Do I have to apply thermal paste again because I believe that I made a mistake there?

This is the fan curve for ventilator fans

View: https://imgur.com/a/gbQpKhH

Do you believe it's a good curve or do you suggest something else.

Thank you

I did a prime 95 test for half an hour without any interruption. The temperature there reach around 70 - 80 sometimes.

Is that normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: capitaner21
Sep 1, 2021
70-80C under a Prime95 load (is this at 'default' vice 'small FFTs'?) is better than most would expect to achieve... (what clock speeds were sustained during that half hour?)
I run blend test.

I run again for an hour and choosing just small FFTs' . Temps were very low but the clock speeds as well.
CPU CORE CLOCK around 2900MHz
CPU PACKAGE 65C

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Im also running into a similar issue as you only im running a dark rock pro 4. browing the desktop I can sometimes hit 70c. in games I hover around 80-85c Cpu has been showing 1.5v and 5ghz across all 16 cores without touching the setting at all in the bios. It seems to be a pretty spicy chip but im still nervous about the temps none the less.

Dec 24, 2021
Are you overclocking? If so, those temps are normal. I have a 5950x OCed to 4.6Ghz and running on a custom loop, and I still idle between 47C and 53C. Though even at full load, I've never been above 70C. Maybe consider replacing the H100i with a custom loop.

TRENDING THREADS