What is a safe maximum overclock for my RX 570 Strix?

EverythjngBlack

Commendable
May 4, 2017
NqvNd

I want to overclock my graphics card to the maximum without it DYING. What do you reccomend?

PC Specs:
RX 570 Strix
AMD A10-7860K
16GB RAM

Solution
It is very simple, every card is different so you will have to test yourself ! Download MSI afterburner and do not touch voltage, just up the core clock by +25 at a time, testing each time with 3dmark ( Firestrike ) until you finally get artifacts / crashes, then back it down a bit, you have now reached your max core clock without voiding warranty or adding voltage, Do the same for memory after you find your max core speed.

bishopi5

Distinguished
It is very simple, every card is different so you will have to test yourself ! Download MSI afterburner and do not touch voltage, just up the core clock by +25 at a time, testing each time with 3dmark ( Firestrike ) until you finally get artifacts / crashes, then back it down a bit, you have now reached your max core clock without voiding warranty or adding voltage, Do the same for memory after you find your max core speed.

Solution

Each time you increase the clocks you should also try a couple of your most played games in addition to benches like Firestrike and Heaven.

bishopi5

Distinguished

Sure i guess it can't hurt? But none of my games actually push the card like firestrike does, there for artifacts / crashes show up more frequently in firestrike, however if you wanted to squeeze more clocks out of your card i do suggest this, as most games won't push the GPU as far as firestrike, and there for will not show artifacts or crash as it does with 3dmark.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017

Try the method as others said but the safe spot will be
~1400Mhz Core Clock
8Gbps (2000Mhz) Memory Clock
i hope its 4GB STRIX :wahoo: