[SOLVED] what is best?Corsair CX750M, CoolerMaster MWE Gold 550W, Cougar GEX 650W(80+ gold)

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Corsair CX750M, CoolerMaster MWE Gold 550W, Cougar GEX 650W(80+ gold) - also Deepcool DQ750ST 750W 80+Gold and Therlmaltake Smart BX1 750W bronze.

They all cost similar amount, which one is most reliable and most quality product?

When I did how much power I need for the build it said just like 360W. I System s i7-i 6700k, 4x8 DDR4 ram, radeon RX570 and 3 disks m.2SSD, sata SSD and HDD.
https://i.gyazo.com/afb639809f17fcd4b7b4169d15d8b736.png

Solution
From that list, "I" would undoubtedly go with the Super Flower Leadex III, which in my opinion is a much better unit than the RM650, especially since it's NOT the RMx or RMi, but the regular RM.

The Leadex III is the best unit on that page, and it isn't even close compared to any of those other units including the RM, in my opinion.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Cougar.

The CXM is only a half step above a VS, that's bottom of the barrel. A regular CX is considerably better.
I'd not touch TT or CM with anybody's 10' pole, and deepcool is taking a giant leap into psus from cases and coolers, and cutting corners to be competitive.

Reactions: seankor
Yes, but you don't even know WHICH Cougar PSU it IS, because there ISN'T any GEX 650w. There are SEVERAL variant models of the GX 650w, but again, we don't know which one and they are not the same. It's hard to say a model is better, or even ok, when it doesn't exist or you don't know which one it is. It's like saying the CX is ok without clarifying that you're talking about a newer black and gray label rather than the older black and green label.

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hmmm, ok so for Cougar it is this page, but there isn't really much info:
https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/r...LY--อุปกรณ์จ่ายไฟ--COUGAR-GEX-650W--80--GOLD-

Corsair seems black and gray? say's part number CP-9020061-NA . On the main pciture is gray black on the site and then in description green lol

So maybe if these are not really so good I can up the budget a bit and these are available:
https://i.gyazo.com/3aaae43f2a4e50cb1f029f7c9a3c9db6.png

I would preferably keep it to 3500 thb (115 usd) , but if there are some huge step ups in quality guess of course will rather do that. Thanks so much for the info!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
From that list, "I" would undoubtedly go with the Super Flower Leadex III, which in my opinion is a much better unit than the RM650, especially since it's NOT the RMx or RMi, but the regular RM.

The Leadex III is the best unit on that page, and it isn't even close compared to any of those other units including the RM, in my opinion.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In Corsair hierarchy, it's VS-CXM, gap, CX, RM, TXM, RMx, RMi, etc...

The RM is decent, and out of the first list, it would have been #1 without a second thought, although on paper, the GEX (cougargaming.com) looks pretty impressive with Japanese caps, LLC, above average protection package, 18A on minor rails, 649w on a 650w claim 12v rail, 4x 6+2pin, 4+4+4pin EPS... It's brand new as far as I can tell, so no reviews yet. The only thing that's worrysome is that Cougar is HEC/Compucase brand, yet the prior GX line was built on Sirfa platform and did very well as tested by Aris.

But gotta agree with Darkbreeze, the Leadex II/III has been the psu to beat and in the more budget arenas for the gold rated quality psus, it's right up near the top.

Ok, I found the GEX. It doesn't look too bad, but the Leadex is three time the platform I'm sure. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. Plus, as you say, the GEX is an unknown, and an untested platform from what I can see. I wouldn't trust it until there was more information. A lot more information.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Crap . . how did I miss that? My brain registered a TT, two Corsairs, and a mountain of Cougars.

I'm sure we will see, sooner or later. If not that specific unit, then the same platform but in some other unit. I'll be keeping my eyes open for anything related to that model or platform. It would certainly be good to have another viable option in that peer group of mid capacity Gold rated units.