What is better for gaming, the GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7770

MrFlyBird

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
For gaming needs, what is better - just between these 2 cards i do not want comments suggesting others. *med - high settings on games-

i5 4440 CPU

Solution
If you can stretch your budget a little bit, the 650-Ti "Boost" edition offers a lot more performance. The "Boost" version is based on the same technology as the 660 and therefore performs very close to it.

MC_K7

Distinguished
If you can stretch your budget a little bit, the 650-Ti "Boost" edition offers a lot more performance. The "Boost" version is based on the same technology as the 660 and therefore performs very close to it.

Solution

MC_K7

Distinguished
Personally, I'd go with the i5 system. Simply because the i5 is a better gaming CPU. The 7770 is also an ok card for gaming (but obviously not as good as the R7 260x). The main thing is, you can easily change the card along the way, let's say in a year or two if you need more performance. A CPU is a lot harder to replace since you usually need to change the motherboard because of socket compatibility.

For these reasons, I'd go with the system that has the best CPU, with the idea that the video card can easily be replaced at a later time. And it's not as if the 7770 was a bad card, it will be able to play any game at medium settings, and even high settings in some.

But of course, if you could find an i5 system that has a R7 260x for the same price it would be ideal. ;)