What is BOOTSECT.BAK in CMD?

nickbandit

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
So i did the attrib command in cmd and i found a file called BOOTSECT.BAK. I searched it up to make sure it was safe, but i couldn't find any infomation about it :I. I just want to know if it's safe or is it a virus?
Also i noticed when using the ' Show procceses from all users ' thing in tasklist that i found 2 csrss. Is it normal? when i uncheck the ' Show procceses from all users ' mark there is only one :).

Ty in advance. -Nick

Solution
.bak normally indicates it is a backup file. It should be safe to leave it and if you delete it you may wish you had it back.
csrss.exe = Client/Server Runtime Subsystem I just checked and I have two showing when showing processes from all users and one when show processes from all users is unchecked. So, I believe you are safe. It is good that you asked before considering or attempting to delete anything.
.bak normally indicates it is a backup file. It should be safe to leave it and if you delete it you may wish you had it back.
csrss.exe = Client/Server Runtime Subsystem I just checked and I have two showing when showing processes from all users and one when show processes from all users is unchecked. So, I believe you are safe. It is good that you asked before considering or attempting to delete anything.

Solution