[SOLVED] What is Causing My In Game Freeze/Stutter? ive tryed everything

Proctor_11

Prominent
Feb 19, 2019
Ill start by listing current build.

Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix x370f gaming
CPU - ryzen 5 2600 - Stock AMD cooler
GPU - NEW powercolor red devil rx5700
RAM - TeamGroup 16GB 4x4gb Vulcan T-Force DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit
PSU - NEW Antec 700W Plus VP700P Power Supply, 80 Plus
Storage - 1x TeamGroup 240gb sdd 1x Kingstone 500gb ssd
SCREEN - Toshiba 43L1753DB 60hz

So for the past year ive been playing Ark Survival evolved and the first few months were relativly problem free. At the time i had powercolors rx580 gpu and a Kolink ATX c600 PSU. Then as the year went on i got in game freezes, never a crash, just the game only would freeze up for anywhere between 5 - 30 seconds.

I lived with it for most of the time and following advice online i lowered the settings dramatically to combat the freezes which worked to point but never eliminated them.

At the turn of this year ive had my new PC one year and decided to upgrade the GPU on the basis that the GPU was running at 100% in game and the CPU only 30% i suspected bottlenecking was the cause of my problem.

I bought the rx5700 which according to an online bottleneck calculator would best suit my ryzen 2600 CPU. I used DDU to upgrade the GPU.
The Problem persisted, in game freezing up just like before. so i then started my troubleshooting and did everything listed below.

It may be worth noting the GPU utilization drops when these freezes occur, which may eliminate some theories i suspected like the tv as a monitor.

New GPU
New PSU
BIOS updated
Tryed every Setting level from low to epic and problem persisted
RAM Check - Completed no errors
Full Windows Reinstall - all files and programs wiped from both drives
Full Game Reinstall
Drivers Up to date
Running temps of new CPU and GPU both 50-60 degrees
Game Stored on SSD as i dont own HDD
SpeedTest speed check, on wifi 20 -30Mbps and Through Ethernet extension plug 40Mbps to the PC
New GPU runs ARK at 80% utilisation now, with CPU up to around 40% Utilization

Still after all these checks and reinstalls the problem still persists, it freezes in game only for 5 - 30 secs, background programs still work.

Is there anything ive missed? what else can i do?
Ps this is my first built pc and its been a nightmare

UPDATE PLAYED FORTNITE ONLINE WITHOUT ISSUE SO MUST BE AN ARK SPECIFIC PROBLEM

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS