What is causing my "low" framerates?

Chadders101

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Seeing as i have no idea what is causing this, im not entirely sure where to place this thread.

I recently got a graphics card which i know is better than my previous one, however when i start playing games like Firefall, Planetside 2 and Starcraft II, i still get similar fps, however i am being told that my fps is more than what i am seeing. I have a theory that my monitor is what's causing this problem. Even moving the mouse quickly around my screen has always made it looked spaced out and its not a fluid movement at all. This has always been a problem but i thought that the new graphics card would fix it.

I have been fiddling around with my monitor screen settings. They are currently on "1336:768, true colour (32 bit) 60 hertz". Would that be causing the mouse-flicker i am seeing when i move my mouse quickly around the screen?

My graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro and the monitor is a TV monitor in gaming mode. What can i do to get a more responsive and fluid reaction from my gear?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Solution
What is the make and model of your tv? This is actually pretty common in tv panels. Compared to pc monitors, televisions can have large amounts of lag. Where measured lag in most 1080p 60Hz monitors hovers around and below 30ms, TV's can measure somewhere between 100-300ms. Some have been measured at nearly half a second of delay! Higher end TV panels have usually have less lag than more budget oriented panels.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do to improve fluidity and responsiveness is to buy a lower latency monitor/tv.

Hope this helps.

spagalicious

Distinguished
What is the make and model of your tv? This is actually pretty common in tv panels. Compared to pc monitors, televisions can have large amounts of lag. Where measured lag in most 1080p 60Hz monitors hovers around and below 30ms, TV's can measure somewhere between 100-300ms. Some have been measured at nearly half a second of delay! Higher end TV panels have usually have less lag than more budget oriented panels.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do to improve fluidity and responsiveness is to buy a lower latency monitor/tv.

Hope this helps.

Solution