what is causing the lag ?

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
i bought an evga gtx 750 1gb last week thinking that it will give me a performance boost with games like bf4 on high settings (as suggested in most of the reviews online) but i am disappointed because i am facing massive lag in battlefield 4 on even medium settings . i am listing below my system specs please help me find out what is causing the stutter and lag because i am so confused .

cpu : intel core2duo e8400 3.0ghz
mobo : intel DG41KR
ram : 2gb ddr3 (i know this is too low but it should only affect the load time and not the gameplay)
gpu : evga gtx 750 1gb gddr5 128 bit
psu : 300w stock

Solution
1. your CPU is a bit slow, try to OC it to arround 3,6 Ghz.
2. 2GB Ram is a bit low, go up to a minimum of 4GB,

Theese are the 2 cheapest options you can try. Otherwise, you would need a system upgrade (Mobo, CPU)

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
1. your CPU is a bit slow, try to OC it to arround 3,6 Ghz.
2. 2GB Ram is a bit low, go up to a minimum of 4GB,

Theese are the 2 cheapest options you can try. Otherwise, you would need a system upgrade (Mobo, CPU)

Solution
last gen cpu/also a dual core........ they died a while back but some people didn't get the memo.

not enough ram..................

a 1gig frame buffer graphics card.............. they died a long time ago but some people still haven't gotten the memo........... even some of the "pros" on this site.

get more ram. crank back the resolution and crank back on the game settings.

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

gpu memory size only matters when you want to play in very high resolutions and on multiple displays otherwise 1gb is enough . i did lower the resolution and it has improved thnx for that but still it does lag sometime i guess i'll increase the ram next before changing other things like cpu .

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

do you think a quad core will improve performance significantly ? i don't have enough money for an i5 or i7 .
i have seen people play on ultra settings with this card on an i7 and 8gb ram so i don't really think the card is an issue (i can settle with medium to high settings just want smooth gameplay with it).

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

thanks man i think you understand that i am on a budget and need a cheap solution . do you think a quad core will be a significant improvement ? my mobo doesn't support Over clocking :(

You could get an i3-4130 CPU and B85 motherboard to help with the lags. You'll also need new RAM, at least 8 GB of it. I just upgraded from a 1st gen i7 (old motherboard's PCI-E 2.0 x16 was bottlenecking the GPU) to a 4th gen i7 and the recent lagging in games have diminished.

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

i think i can manage to buy a quadcore but you know what i just re-installed the os(win7 64bit) installed latest drivers and guess what the lag has reduced significantly and i can play bf 4 at 1280x1024 60hz with medium settings now but sometimes a little bit of lag occurs which i am pretty sure is happening because of the limited physical memory buffer and i am confident will completely vanish after i install another 2gigs of ram. thanks a lot mate you've been very helpful i think my cpu is fine as is . this card is really great i installed AC 4 BF and it is running VERY smooth on high settings .

alisheerazi

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

thanks man but i don't have the money for all that, i was looking for a cheap solution after spending most of my cash on the gpu and i have found a way i just need to increase my ram for now .