[SOLVED] What is causing the lag??

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello ive been having some problem with my pc. The thing is it runs some games very good even at high preset and sometimes very high presets. For example i can run metal gear solid 5 at very high settings with no problem and good frames. But i cant even run overwatch at decent settings. For overwatch i turn all the settings to low and turn off antialiasing and the game just wont run good. It stutters alot and really its unplayable. When i start a match the characters dont even show up they take time to show up in short its laggy and unplayable and fortnite somtimes gives me some trouble. My specs are:

CPU: I7-2600
RAM: 4gb ddr3
GPU: Gt 1030
and a 250 psu.

Solution
RAM. 4Gb is not enough to play any but a few modern games. You need 8GB minimum.

Also I would suggest a better GPU, the 1030 is not really meant for gaming. Pick up a used750ti which is alittle better or a GTX 960 which is massively better, or a new 1050 or 1050ti. But you will also need a new PSU, a 450 or 500 watt would be more then enough. Corsair CX or CXM models are almost always on sale in the 30-50 USD dollar range.
RAM. 4Gb is not enough to play any but a few modern games. You need 8GB minimum.

Also I would suggest a better GPU, the 1030 is not really meant for gaming. Pick up a used750ti which is alittle better or a GTX 960 which is massively better, or a new 1050 or 1050ti. But you will also need a new PSU, a 450 or 500 watt would be more then enough. Corsair CX or CXM models are almost always on sale in the 30-50 USD dollar range.

Solution

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016

damn sorry for such late reply, and thank you for your answer, i upgraded to 8gigs of ram soon after i saw your answer and tbh it was a big change performance wise, lag is gone and since then ive been enjoying gaming in this pc. thanks.