Question What is causing this unable to load to windows issue?

v.korpelshoek

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
Hello all,

Since about a month ago I started having problems with loading windows while booting up. It started happening after I fully reinstalled windows on my computer. I am able to get into windows after I have completed some steps. These are as follows:
  1. I have to select manually which drive to boot from, since my bios doesn't let me select my SSD as a primary boot drive. Anyone knows how it will recognize it?
  2. Now I have selected my SSD to boot from and it is stuck on the windows logo with a loading circle. I have to force shut down my pc.
  3. I select which drive to boot from again and same thing happens, it is still stuck on the windows logo. I have to force shut down my pc again.
  4. Third time I try the exact same thing, it is preparing automatic recovery and is trying to find problems on my computer. After that I get a blue screen saying this pc couldn't be recovered with automatic recovery. Then I click on advanced options and click on continue to Windows 10.
  5. I have to select for one more time what drive to boot from and then it suddenly isn't stuck anymore. It will go to disk checking if I not press any key within 10 seconds. After this finishes, it finally boots to windows successfully.

Now this is the procedure I have to do EVERY SINGLE TIME I boot up my pc.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? All I am asking for is a solution where I just power it on and it goes to Windows 10.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this frustrating issue,

Greetings,
Vincent

v.korpelshoek

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
Remove ALL sata items from your computer
plug in the SSD until it is recognised as the boot up, maybe you have it in the wrong slot.

As with ALL problems, you need to list every aspect of your computer, otherwise you make it harder to fix
I will do that, thanks. With aspect you mean specs? They are as follows:
Intel Core i5 7500
Gigabyte GTX 1070 TI 8GB
16 gb RAM Crucial Ballistix sport
Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
Samsung 850 series 250gb SSD
2x Apple Toshiba 500GB HDD
1x Western Digital HDD 500 GB

v.korpelshoek

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
When you orginally installed windows, I am assuming you had other drives in your machine and maybe one of them were the original boot drives then you migrated to the new SSD or am I wrong?
When I first installed Windows, I had only one HDD connected to my motherboard and my SSD which I installed Windows on. So I didn’t migrate windows from one HDD to SSD. I did a clean install from USB. When I reinstalled Windows about a month ago I had 3 HDD’s connected and my SSD ofcourse, but I made a volume on my SSD where I put the windows installation files from the USB to install windows on my SSD. I did that because it gave me an error when I tried to install windows onto the SSD from the USB. I hope this all makes sense for you guys. ;)

I'd say because you did it like you said you did, it is using the system on other hard disks to boot into the ssd.
I think you need to restart it again using a USB on windows 10 and doing it again.
To install windows 10 from its own hard disk is quite difficult, impossible if it was DOS, but you must have been in windows to install it from your SSD...
So you couldn't format your SSD fully to allow it to install the system area.

Anyway, that's my guess