Question What is causing whine in my PC

Apr 21, 2020
So I just upgraded my case and motherboard today from b150m to a z270 tuf mark 1,and as soon as I turn on the pc I get this very loud whine most likely coming from the motherboard. The pc works and boots to desktop fine. I removed the GPU to make sure it wasn’t it.
please someone give me a reason for this and possibly a solution. If the motherboard is faulty please let me know!!!

here is a clip :
View: https://youtu.be/jUMzf1g7WlQ

Apr 21, 2020
CPUs either seat correctly, or you damage them when you lock them in so it's not that. If the noise is coming from around the CPU it could be a VRM making the noise, if that's the case there not much you can do.
In BIOS when I turn the cpu fan on max the sound stops this is so bizarre, yet when I hold the fan with the finger nothing changes, now I’m more confused

Apr 21, 2020
Could be your PSU. Put your ears to the side of the PSU. It normally isn't too hard to figure out where a sound comes from using your ears close to each component. Could be GPU coil whine
The sound stops when I turn the cpu fan in bios on max so it has to be something with that region?