What Is Diffrences Between OEN and RETAIL cd key ?

sajedeminent

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
hello
i want to know that is diffrences between windows 10 OEM and retail key ? and which one should i buy ?
also which version of windows 10 is good for gaming ?

Solution
InvalidError is correct. It locks it down to the CPU ID and possibly the mainboard, but other components should be upgradable.

However, when getting a copy of Windows, exercise extreme caution. I purchased a Retail copy of Win7 Pro from an eBay seller. The packaging, even when delivered, looked legit. I paid the full price of $210, so it wasn't like I was looking for a deal. I installed it on a PC a couple of weeks later and then 30 days after that, a message popped up stating that I had only one more week to use this Trial Version of Windows. The seller on eBay disappeared. I contacted eBay and was told that there was nothing they would do, because it was over the 30-day reporting period. I contacted Microsoft, to report how deceptive...

sajedeminent

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017

so if i use OEM and suddenly something happen to my windows and i be forced to install it again i cannot use that OEM once again ? ore i can use it many times on my own pc without problem ?

as long as your PC has the same parts and in cases where small upgraded like replacing hard drives or adding/replacing RAM you can reinstall windows as many times as you like. if you replace something major then you will not be able to use that OEM key to reactivate windows.

thasts been the case for previous versions of windows for windows 10 though if this is an OEM key you purchased on your own and was not included with a brand name PC it is possible you can transfer that licence over with the activation troubleshooter located in windows 10 settings

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
InvalidError is correct. It locks it down to the CPU ID and possibly the mainboard, but other components should be upgradable.

However, when getting a copy of Windows, exercise extreme caution. I purchased a Retail copy of Win7 Pro from an eBay seller. The packaging, even when delivered, looked legit. I paid the full price of $210, so it wasn't like I was looking for a deal. I installed it on a PC a couple of weeks later and then 30 days after that, a message popped up stating that I had only one more week to use this Trial Version of Windows. The seller on eBay disappeared. I contacted eBay and was told that there was nothing they would do, because it was over the 30-day reporting period. I contacted Microsoft, to report how deceptive the packaging was, since it gave no indication that it was a Trial copy. They said that many people have been burned online by this scam, and they sent me a special copy for use on that one machine. So, while I got a working copy of Win7 Pro, it is effectively locked down like an OEM copy to the machine it was installed on.

I was looking at other software online too, and many try to pawn Educational copies of software as equal to Retail versions. Don't believe that for one moment. While they may run similarly, they often have licensing, use, or verification restrictions.

I will never buy software from an online auction house again, or website stores that have a marketplace where multiple sellers participate, especially the ones that are in financial difficulty, This also includes the website having the smile face boxes, since I've received used merchandise under the guise of being new there too.

I bought a PC for my son from TigerDirect, not knowing that 5 weeks later they were shutting down. After several weeks of not getting my PC, and asking for a status, I was told that the company was going down and I would probably loose my money. I found out the holding company of TD and contacted them directly, letting them know how my son's money he was saving, along with my contribution was going to be stolen by TD. They sent me a refund in 2 weeks, but that was a scare. Check the stores you are buying from, and if they are floundering, you might not get what you think you are buying.

Years back, when PCs were expensive, I paid $3,000 for a machine and it had a problem. It was under warranty and I was told to send it back. They too were failing, and when I called over and over, they sent me a machine that was only worth $800.

Solution

lesson there is only buy from retail sites like newegg instead of trying to get a cheap key from shady places like ebay and kinguin