Question What is going on with my CPU Temperatures?

Dec 10, 2022
I have been having issues with games crashing. I play Dota 2 and csgo which are not even heavy on the CPU usage. The game freezes/crashes but i can still manage to Alt + tab and use the PC fine. I've noticed that every time my cpu temperature spikes up to around 80deg my game freezes. The temperature spikes in like 1 second from 60+ to 80 and the game instantly crashes. I have checked my liquid cooler with the tech store, they reapplied thermal paste and they said it is still functioning. My idle temperature is around 50-60. I ran prime95 tests and temperatures were at 70+ so i think my cooler is still working.

Also tried verifying game files on steam but still had the same issue.

Cant seem to find a solution to this.

My PC specs are :
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 Core AM4 4.6GHz CPU Processor
Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX AM4 ATX Motherboard
Samsung 500GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD
NZXT Kraken X53 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler White
Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) CMW32GX4M2E3200C16W Vengence RGB Pro 3200MHz DDR4 RAM White
Gigabyte 750W Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply (GP-P750GM)
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G LHR Graphics Card - Rev 2
NZXT H510 Tempered Glass Mid Tower ATX Case - Matte White

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Considering it's the games that are closing to desktop, have you tried reinstalling them? How is the AIO installed in your build?

Gigabyte 750W Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply (GP-P750GM)
That PSU is something I'd have avoided even if it was given to me for free. Gamers Nexus managed to incur Gigabyte's wrath when they did a deep dive into the PSU's issues.

Reactions: kurdtnz