Question What is going on?

MasterOblivious

Prominent
Apr 29, 2022
Update: I also made a post on the Microsoft forum and the person who replied thinks it's because my Windows is buggy. They suggested I run an sfc. I did and it found some corrupted files and fixed them. Hopefully this solves my problem. I'll make an update in a couple days to let everyone know if this solved my problem. They also gave me something else to try if it doesn't. If anyone is having a similar issue or is curious what was suggested I try, I'll copy the answer here.
My computer started doing this a couple days ago and it got so bad that I couldn't even use the start menu to restart the computer. After I restarted the computer (using alt+f4), the issue went away. Now it's back. Originally I wanted to take a screenshot of what happened when I try to clear notifications but when I tried to save the crop, the video happened.
It doesn't do it with every program. It seems to just happen with windows programs. I thought at first it might have been the keyboard but I would assume that if that was the case, everything would be acting wonky and not just certain programs. I checked ease of access after finding a video with a similar issue as mine but nothing looked out of the ordinary. Control Panel works fine but Settings does not. It does the same thing where if I click on something, it'll highlight an option on the side bar.
What else can I do?

Last edited: