[SOLVED] What is going to fill the place of the GTX 1650 Super etc?

Lutfij

Titan
Given how Nvidia might incur some backlash after what their RTX3080Ti has created, I don't think Nvidia will introduce Supers anymore, more likely that they will focus on latter generation of GPU's. As for the lower end segment as you've asked, that is probably going to be held by the 1600 series for at least one more generation( whereby RTX4000 will bring a wider range of GPU's for the market.

Even if there was a card that could replace the 1650 Super price to performance wise, on paper that's fine, but in reality getting a hold of a GPU is Ludacris and the pricing is nightmare to say the least. So in a nutshell, you should be focusing of the present and wait for the pandemic's mess to clear before you can think about a new era of GPU's, considering that the pandemic ruined many things that we cherish...like being able to buy good stuff :/

/rant/

animekenji

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
There are supposed to be 3050 and 3050 Ti cards, but who knows when they'll come online. Nvidia is going to have to bin a lot more chips than they are for the 3060 before they can release them. There surely won't be anymore GTX cards, only RTX.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is possible they will use all the silicon for mobile, and leave the minimum desktop model at the 3060.

OEMs usually get ahold of them later, so you might see some 3050Ti from the likes of Dell and HP, but likely not any time soon.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
1650 super or an 1660 super is basically an 1080p budget card, and people say it's successor is an RTX 3050, but am not sure because rtx 3050 might not be for an 1080p resolution. People even suggest rtx 3060 for 1080p gaming but am not sure due to the price point, 1650 super is a sub 200usd card, so I think Nvidia will do a rtx 2060 type successor to the 16 series. Nvidia wouldn't want to leave that segment, as steam still says over 70 percent of the users still use an 1070 as their gpu.

1650 super or an 1660 super is basically an 1080p budget card, and people say it's successor is an RTX 3050, but am not sure because rtx 3050 might not be for an 1080p resolution. People even suggest rtx 3060 for 1080p gaming but am not sure due to the price point, 1650 super is a sub 200usd card, so I think Nvidia will do a rtx 2060 type successor to the 16 series. Nvidia wouldn't want to leave that segment, as steam still says over 70 percent of the users still use an 1070 as their gpu.
This what STEAM says people are using
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Clic on video card description

Reactions: coolraveen

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Considering there's RTX 3050s coming to laptops, I'd imagine there's something on the horizon for desktops. But the laptop market has a higher market share and it's easier to target laptops with a less power hungry GPU so that's probably why laptops are getting it first.
Do you think an RTX 3050 will be priced under 200usd? Or atleast under 300usd And what's your opinion on 1080p gaming and it's market dominance

Do you think an RTX 3050 will be priced under 200usd? Or atleast under 300usd And what's your opinion on 1080p gaming and it's market dominance
Disclaimer for anyone who wants to "correct" me: I'm using MSRP solely for the purpose of discussion. So please don't go "but the market is stupid right now"

My money is leaning towards no. Considering the RTX 3060 is $330 and the 3050 is the next lower step, it looks weird having a price gap of around $180 if it were to be priced like the 1650 series. I'd imagine the 3050 would fill in the $220-$250 market. It'd still be cheaper than the 2060 while offering the same performance if historical trends continue. Of course this leaves an awkward position of not having something for the <$200 market, but I dunno. Maybe NVIDIA could finally give us a 30 level SKU and a Ti to go with it.

Reactions: Bassman999

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It took them quite a while to release the GT1030, about a year after the 10 series launch, and finally the GT1010 just this year... Going to be a while yet.

They also talked about manufacturing NEW GTX1060 / 1050Ti and resuming RTX 2060 production (which probably all went to mobile), so that will certainly fill the void of sub $200 cards if they pursue that. Wouldn't be surprised if it came under a different name though. And that all could have happened, outside of the Western world...

GTX 1065 or something would be clever just to distinguish it from the older cards. But knowing Nvidia, what is one more GTX1060 SKU.

Reactions: coolraveen

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My other hope is that Intel will fill the void and turn AMD and Nvidia into higher end only offerings.

If rumors there are to be believed, the 512EU DG2 will rival the RTX3070 in rasterization. That would put the 128EU DG2 at pretty low spec, probably 1050 territory.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Quote from linked article, "Either way, it's probably safe to assume that the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 will fall somewhere around $150-$160, and if the performance is right, that would make it a great choice for budget gaming PCs and laptops."

I'll believe that pricing when I see it. It would really be cool to see a GPU priced in that range to keep PC gaming relevant. If its only an elite level set of cards and no availability for them at their MSRPs or close then I agree with many saying PC gaming will die out in a few years.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Quote from linked article, "Either way, it's probably safe to assume that the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 will fall somewhere around $150-$160, and if the performance is right, that would make it a great choice for budget gaming PCs and laptops."

I'll believe that pricing when I see it. It would really be cool to see a GPU priced in that range to keep PC gaming relevant. If its only an elite level set of cards and no availability for them at their MSRPs or close then I agree with many saying PC gaming will die out in a few years.
You can still buy cards at a decent price but the shortage is what is killing everything.

Best Buy has drops about every other week and the reference models are about the right price.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=6429442,6439402,6429440

All the aftermarket cards are priced a lot higher because they know they can sell every card produced at a inflated price it's the simple rule of supply and demand.

For when things get back to normal well this could actually be the new normal.

Reactions: Bassman999