[SOLVED] What is good software to test GPU drivers for gaming ( 2080 super )

Nov 9, 2019
Hi,

I recently installed the 2080 super and enjoyed playing a vareity of games on it.
But recently I got Red Dead Redemption 2 and the PC started crashing through power toggling. So I thought maybe it's PSU or GPU problem. But when running stuff like FurMark it just seems to take it. Does anyone know a good software tool and/or setting to test latest engines that could indicate psu or gpu problems?

Maybe problem is only localised in Red Dead Redemption 2. But since the card is also new I want to know if maybe it's hardware failure and I need to bring in garantee or send parts for repair.

Solution
I would not trust RDR2 as a gauge to test a GPU, due to the many bugs and optimization problems it has.

Demanding games that run stable are still really the best real world way of testing a GPU. Hard to know what to suggest not knowing what you play, but more recent ones that support RTX features and have been out long enough to get needed patches are a good way to test a 2080.
It's most likely red dead, it has many issues since launch thus far. As for applications, you can try unigine's 'heaven', 'valley', or 'superposition' application. As well as Cinebench r15 or r20 for CPU testing (which also draws high power usage).

I would not trust RDR2 as a gauge to test a GPU, due to the many bugs and optimization problems it has.

Demanding games that run stable are still really the best real world way of testing a GPU. Hard to know what to suggest not knowing what you play, but more recent ones that support RTX features and have been out long enough to get needed patches are a good way to test a 2080.

Solution
Nov 9, 2019
Sofar the testing ran good and other applications/games ran fine, so I am getting slightly more convinced it's not hardware related.

Just name one I can always refund it or keep it depending on like. Or demo test it. For me it's cheaper than replacing the card when it leaves garantee :D

Sofar the testing ran good and other applications/games ran fine, so I am getting slightly more convinced it's not hardware related.

Just name one I can always refund it or keep it depending on like. Or demo test it. For me it's cheaper than replacing the card when it leaves garantee :D
Really depends what kind of games you like. Here's a pretty recent list of available and soon to be available RTX titles, with videos of what they look like. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/games-support-nvidia-ray-tracing/