Question What is happening?

Jun 5, 2020
Situation:

I just built a new htpc in the mastercooler elite 130. I put in an AMD Ryzen 5 3600x on a gigabyte x570 motherboard. I put in an NZXT AIO 120mm cooler (which the software refuses to recognize, but we'll save that for later), the storage is a 2 tb nvme and an 8tb hd, ram is 2 16gb gskill DIMMs. I had been in the process of customizing the windows 10 desktop while I was ripping blu rays (from my own collection, no pirating at all), when I was out of the room the pc crashed. I tried to reboot, but at the motherboard screen it would freeze, then cut the head off the eagle in AORUS and would not boot. I can get into BIOS, but I'm new to this and not entirely sure what to look for.

Remedial actions:

On a previous build I had experienced issues with SATA devices messing with the BIOS and preventing proper booting. My first action was to disconnect the power from the 8tb hd, which resulted in the same problem. I then disconnected the optical drive, also seeing the same problem. Finally, I pulled the GPU (an Asus 5500XT) and put in the geforce 1070 from my old PC, and it booted fine. I then put the 5500XT back in the HTPC and experienced the same issue. I then put the 1070 back in again and the PC booted fine. Confident I'd found the issue, I put the 5500XT in old computer to confirm it was broken. ...And the old computer booted fine. I am incredibly frustrated, any ideas would be very much appreciated as I'm very new to PC building.

Thank you.