What is Herald?

The Herald title is a recognition achievement bestowed upon select members who have displayed extensive community involvement including a high level of engagement with the community, exemplary behavior and citizenship as well as having an above average understanding of the topics in which they typically participate to a degree that is appreciable. Many have also undertaken special projects for the community upon the request of the Tom's hardware community supervision team.

They are the members that bridge the gap between moderation and the masses that pass through our hallways.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Probably as Toms has changed its interface and that stuff, they added like those "Titles" as I might call them (this is my guess).
Which one exists? I really do not know.

Db explained what they are, but their tags are like the blue mod ones only yellow, so they can have the title like Splendid (yours) as well as Herald underneath. There aren't many active ones so might explain why you don't see it often - here is an example

Reactions: RememberThe5th

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
before the new forum was unleashed, there was no such tag, so no one even had any idea Herald's existed. i certainly did not until i received a PM saying i had earned the title :)

i like to think of it as a "power user" type of thing. we have just risen every so slightly above the average user and get a fancy title in return. it does not carry any privileges or anything like that but i do wear it with pride :vip:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Before new software, it was hard enough for mods to work out who heralds were. We may have missed a few in process of transfer so if anyone knows anyone who was and isn't now, let us know :)

You reached a level high enough to be noticed without being decapitated, many get noticed for the wrong reasons. Very few for the right ones :)