Question What is holding my PC back?

Oct 21, 2019
I would love if someone with better computer knowledge could help me out. I'm gonna be getting my first job soon and wanna upgrade because I've been getting a lot of stutters during gaming. I custom built the PC about 2 years ago and probably messed up the motherboard while putting it in if that would contribute to anything. (The IO seemed to bend while I lined it up)

GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
Intel core i5-6500 3.20GHz (Quad core)
Asus b150m-a m.2 motherboard
2x4gb ram (2133MHz)
1tb hard drive
around 250gb SSD
1080p 60hz monitor (second monitor same quality)
EVGA 500 watt bronze power supply
Running windows 10
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3806, 5/18/2018

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Also, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

You will also need to state which OS you're working with right now and if you've made sure that you've manually installed all drivers for your platform.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I would love if someone with better computer knowledge could help me out. I'm gonna be getting my first job soon and wanna upgrade because I've been getting a lot of stutters during gaming. I custom built the PC about 2 years ago and probably messed up the motherboard while putting it in if that would contribute to anything. (The IO seemed to bend while I lined it up)

GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
Intel core i5-6500 3.20GHz (Quad core)
Asus b150m-a m.2 motherboard
2x4gb ram (2133MHz)
1tb hard drive
around 250gb SSD
1080p 60hz monitor (second monitor same quality)
PSU Model?
BIOS Version? is it up to date?
First thing that I would upgrade personally is the RAM.

Oct 21, 2019
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Also, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

You will also need to state which OS you're working with right now and if you've made sure that you've manually installed all drivers for your platform.
I just edited it, but I'm not 100% sure about the drivers.