Question What is LTDP and STDP in undervolting?

SmallLettuceMan

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
I am trying to find a good under-volt for my CPU, the i5 8300h and I stumbled upon a comment that said
"BEST CFG FOR 8300H - LTDP: 40.25W, STDP: 40:25W, Offset Voltage: -0.14V!!! This for Acer Nitro 5, provide ~3.3Hz and ~80 C under load" on youtube.

What is LTDP and STDP and is it in throttle stop or Intel XTU? And if anyone has any better undervolts please let me know.

SmallLettuceMan

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
Why are you trying to undervolt your CPU? You do know this often leads to an unstable system, right?
I'm just trying to get better temps because the thermal design on this laptop is horrible for CPU cooling. It sometimes reaches 98 degrees celsius when playing games like Rainbow 6 Siege and Insurgency Sandstorm. I have FPS caps on both and my settings are mixes of high and medium so I've resorted to have an attempt at undervolting.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'm just trying to get better temps because the thermal design on this laptop is horrible for CPU cooling. It sometimes reaches 98 degrees celsius when playing games like Rainbow 6 Siege and Insurgency Sandstorm. I have FPS caps on both and my settings are mixes of high and medium so I've resorted to have an attempt at undervolting.
A common issue with laptops. Just keep in mind you may end up with an unstable system, altogether. This is not a recommended course of action, in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS