[SOLVED] What is Making my system perform not well? It;s suppose to be in the upper 81%?

May 27, 2020
Hey guys and gals,

My computer is benched mark hardcore way down. I only ran it because I was looking @ getting ram. I was trying to figure out what my motherboard could handle. Right now is ballistx 3000Mhz ram. I don't overclock anything as I have no clue how to. I have 2 sticks of 8GB DDR4 ram. My board is an Asrock b450m- Gaming ( not a gaming plus model, unless they are the same ). Also, anyone know how much speed this board can handle? My background is in healthcare and I am learning as I go.

Here are the bench marks:
UserBenchmarks: Game 100%, Desk 108%, Work 98%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 81.9%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 105.1%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 237.5%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D30AESCK.M8FE 2x8GB - 64.9%
MBD: Asrock B450M Gaming

but it only performed @ 19th percentile.. RESULTS BELOW: With The Link.

PC Performing way below expectations (19th percentile)
Actual performance vs. expectations. The graphs show user score (x) vs user score frequency (y).

Processor
Bench
Normal
Heavy
Server

UPDATED Link For Results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28637416

Last edited:
Solution
Its the stock DDR4 speed it's not throttled down, everything else beyond 2133 is overclocked.
Don't be scared of your BIOS. Reset your computer and hit delete when you see the AsRock logo (it will say hit del for UEFI and some other stuff)
In the BIOS you'll see some info like your CPU speeds and amount of RAM ect. Look for the OC Tweaker tab go in there to change the RAM speed. Usually you'll have to enable an XMP profile which will let you overclock the RAM and you just select your speed you want from a drop down menu. Save and exit. Done.
Might want to watch a youtube video with your same model just to get a little more familiar with it.

You will always have an option to disregard any changes and exit before you leave and reboot so...
May 27, 2020
"High background CPU (23%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. "

You have a lot of stuff running in the background. This impacts the benchmarking.

Overall though, userbenchmark is a flawed tool.
Your parts can be "Outstanding" or "Excellent", and at the same time it can say "Below Expectations!".
Confusing.

Do you know how fast of Ram a B450M can have? Currently I have 3000mhz Ballistx?

I thought my first desktop was ok. I have a 3700x AMD CPU with a 2070 Super Nvidia and a NVME.2 SSD by WD blue. I know my motherboard isn't top shelf. I just thought my bench marks would be better,but like you said that tool can be off. Also, my power supply is 600 watts? Is that bad? The computer itself, you can barely hear it, it's pretty quiet. When I live stream my mic is next to it and noone complains.

May 27, 2020
Your system is fine.
Just turn off those background processes before doing any benchmarks.

And with userbenchmark, it is not a case of "can be off "...it IS off.

Thanks. Also, do you know how fast of ram n asrock b450M Gaming board can handle or a source that shows it? I try looking but all I get is MSI boards with gaming plus?

May 27, 2020

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
Its the stock DDR4 speed it's not throttled down, everything else beyond 2133 is overclocked.
Don't be scared of your BIOS. Reset your computer and hit delete when you see the AsRock logo (it will say hit del for UEFI and some other stuff)
In the BIOS you'll see some info like your CPU speeds and amount of RAM ect. Look for the OC Tweaker tab go in there to change the RAM speed. Usually you'll have to enable an XMP profile which will let you overclock the RAM and you just select your speed you want from a drop down menu. Save and exit. Done.
Might want to watch a youtube video with your same model just to get a little more familiar with it.

You will always have an option to disregard any changes and exit before you leave and reboot so don't sweat it too much. Once you get comfortable in there you can change fan curves and all sorts of stuff. Good luck

edit
I have an AsRock mobo too so I'm assuming it will look the same with the OC tweaker tab, yours might be different. At any rate watch Youtube vids on the subject.

Solution
May 27, 2020

You will always have an option to disregard any changes and exit before you leave and reboot so don't sweat it too much. Once you get comfortable in there you can change fan curves and all sorts of stuff. Good luck

edit
I have an AsRock mobo too so I'm assuming it will look the same with the OC tweaker tab, yours might be different. At any rate watch Youtube vids on the subject.
Thanks for the reply. In there will I see the current speeds I am getting?