What is Maximum amount of RAM for W2K Server?

Just curious.

And also, what is the max amount of ram ofr Windows 2000 Advanced Server?

Side question, for my own curiosity. Aren't 32 bit processors normally
limited to 4GB? Does Adv Server overcome this limitation somehow?

Steve Parry [MVP] wrote:
> paulmd@efn.org fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
>
> > Side question, for my own curiosity. Aren't 32 bit processors
normally
> > limited to 4GB? Does Adv Server overcome this limitation somehow?
>
> I think it may be 4GT related
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297812
>
> plus note the proviso here
>
> http://www.gtpcc.org/gtpcc/win2000advserv.htm
>
> "8GB RAM maximum supported
> (Systems using over 4GB RAM must conform to the large-memory HCL"

Thanks. This note on gtpcc was most helpful.

"It also supports up to 8 GB of memory with processors supporting
Intel's Physical Address Extensions. Combined with support for 8-way
SMP, enhanced large memory support assures that the most demanding
memory and processor intensive applications can be run on this server."

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk