what is mean Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account ?

josh.p7664

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
as title so it mean i can use my microsoft account to other device, but how to activation it on other device on first time after install ? because and maybe later i'll change laptop :D

Solution
Yes, this means your license is linked to your email address instead of the PC.

this shows you what to do to transfer it onto another PC - Reactivating win 10 on new hardware

You can only have it on 1 PC at a time.

Most laptops come with windows pre installed and until a new version of windows is released (if ever) then you likely get Win 10 on laptop anyway. Many big OEM have special win 10 licences that are tied to the hardware and can't be moved

I have to guess your install was an upgrade from win 7 or 8 to allow you to move it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, this means your license is linked to your email address instead of the PC.

this shows you what to do to transfer it onto another PC - Reactivating win 10 on new hardware

You can only have it on 1 PC at a time.

Most laptops come with windows pre installed and until a new version of windows is released (if ever) then you likely get Win 10 on laptop anyway. Many big OEM have special win 10 licences that are tied to the hardware and can't be moved

I have to guess your install was an upgrade from win 7 or 8 to allow you to move it.

Solution
You can transfer windows license to new pc with Windows Activation troubleshooter.
(Section: You recently made a significant hardware change)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527/windows-10-activation-troubleshooter

Note - You can transfer license only between same versions of windows 10. So both computers must have either windows 10 Pro or windows 10 (Home) installed. You can't transfer license from Home version to Pro and from Pro to Home.

josh.p7664

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017

thank you for answer, maybe later buy laptop dos for safe and faster buy (i hate waiting they install) and some seller inject virus to laptop (info from my friend, he laptop have many virus after buy)

and thank you for answer too. yeah very safe install windows it self source legit and same version windows