What is Mobsync, & do I need it?

I'm getting consistent EventID 10002 errors each time a visit a web page.
Doing some investigating, is see the error is related to Mobsync via its
GUID(?) number. Must I have this service running? How do I go about
eliminating this error. These errors have to do with DCOM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MobSync is nothing but your sync manager. you can try
disableing it. To do so, go to tools, offline files,
remove all offline content that you tried to have
available offline. How did you investigate that error is
related to mobsync?
-Nimit

I keep getting the same DCOM error:

Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is:

{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable.

After finding this entry in the Registry, I see it is associated with
Microsoft Word Documents rather than Mobsync as I had thought.

How do I get rid of this error??

Thanks for the reply!

"Nimit Mehta" <chocofilium@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> MobSync is nothing but your sync manager. you can try
> disableing it. To do so, go to tools, offline files,
> remove all offline content that you tried to have
> available offline. How did you investigate that error is
> related to mobsync?
> -Nimit

mobsync is the synchronization manager application for offline files. Not
sure what the error is related to however.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Management