Question What is Mouse Mat Weave, and what does it affect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebmurray21

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2012
Searching through mouse mats and they are described at 'heavy texture weave', 'medium weave', 'light weave', etc.

What affect does Mouse Mat Weave have?

Thanks in advance

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
For the nitpicks that are gaming or pasionate about the mouse movement.

Any will work, it's just about preference, and there is a tiny science involved.. as the laser is a fine point, the heavy weave might have deep texture that might influence in some way the movement of the cursor. But i'm sure this texture variaton is not enough to create any difference at all.

It's more about the mouse gliding and skating that is affected. Again it's about preference.

It's like choosing a rug.. plushy, soft, hard, dense fiber, flat, wool, linen, plastic fibers, hand woven, different colors and models. Pick the one you like to look at and feel confortable resting your hand on.

(Oh and as a scientist myself.. there is no measurable diffence at all in the precise movement on a fancy 200$ gaming mat or a sheet of paper, and have good reasons to say this)

Reactions: ebmurray21

USAFRet

Titan
It can have an affect of the feel of your mouse as it slides across the mat.
It has no effect on the actual accuracy of the mouse tracking.

It can also have a beneficial effect on the bottom line of the mouse mat companies, in that they get to sell multiples, to people in search of that magical(mythical) extra accuracy or feel.

Reactions: ebmurray21

ebmurray21

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2012
Just to update this thread so it can be closed, I went with the Razer Goliathus Control Extended Fissure. I also got a new Razer DeathAdder Essential mouse and they are working great together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS