[SOLVED] What is my ideal cpu temperature?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So I have an intel core i5-9600k, so the cpu could be able to go to 100 (I’m using Celsius) but I don’t think that’s very healthy. I have a Le Grand Macho RT cpu cooler, and that does the job pretty well! My motherboard (MSI Z380A-Pro) has smart fan mode, which is when the cpu gets to a certain temperature then I can make the fan go to a certain speed. I have that, but when I do gaming my pc gets pretty loud, I have a sensitive mic and it could bother some people on the other end. Currently my cpu settles in the low 50’s. But I think if I have the fan speed lower then the temperature will go higher, so what’s the ideal temperature for my cpu? What should I try to get it at to match noise and performance?

Edit: when I go into my motherboards BIOS and I turn my cpu fan at full speed, it isn’t too loud... still a mildly annoying but not as loud as when I game, so I think it’s something else that makes the noise, anyways I still think it has something to do with to cooling so the question still stands, but if anyone can answer what else might be the noise that will help too! (I have my case fans set so they match the speed of the cpu fan, so I don’t think their the problem).

Solution
Intel Temperature Guide - by @CompuTronix

Svr2si8.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to share the voltages for your board/CPU in order to see if some volts can be shaved to lower your temps. Also, you need to state how your airflow is in your case(with the fans setup) and what your ambient air temps are?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to share the voltages for your board/CPU in order to see if some volts can be shaved to lower your temps. Also, you need to state how your airflow is in your case(with the fans setup) and what your ambient air temps are?
Ok, so:
Cpu: intel core i5-9600k
Motherboard: MSI Z390A-Pro
Cpu Cooler: Le macho grande rt
Case: Phanteks eclipse p400s (I use the case fans preinstalled, and set them to match my cpu cooler, I also don’t use the sound dampeners because I’m worried about it limiting airflow, but I do use the dust filters)
PSU: Cooler Master MPY-7501-AFAAG-US MWE 750 Gold Full Modular 80+ gold certified 750W
RAM: Vengance, 2x8gb 3200mhz
SSD: ADATA SATA III 512gb
GPU: MSI RX 580 Gaming x 8gb

100c is when your computer will shut itself down in order to prevent it from melting itself.

Really you should try to stay under 80c. If youre doing a stress test and it gets into the 80s its not a huge issue, you just don't want to have it always running that hot.