Question What is my problem, psu, CPU or motherboard?

Feb 13, 2022
I am building my first gaming PC and I thought I had everything great but I am getting no post, no bios. The PC turns on, everything functions as normal ( fans turn on, leds turn on). I have tried disassembling it and putting it back together multiple times and still same results. I bought another motherboard because I thought that was the issue and still same results. I have tried the motherboard with cpu with only one stick of ram connected and the 8 and 24 pins connected. (I have an Intel i7-10700k) and still same results.
-msi mpg z490 motherboard
-corsair 32 gb ddr4 ram
-asus tuf 1660 ti
-corsair cx750f psu
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am building my first gaming PC and I thought I had everything great but I am getting no post, no bios. The PC turns on, everything functions as normal ( fans turn on, leds turn on). I have tried disassembling it and putting it back together multiple times and still same results. I bought another motherboard because I thought that was the issue and still same results. I have tried the motherboard with cpu with only one stick of ram connected and the 8 and 24 pins connected. (I have an Intel i7-10700k) and still same results.
-msi mpg z490 motherboard
-corsair 32 gb ddr4 ram
-asus tuf 1660 ti
-corsair cx750f psu
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Where are you plugging the display cable into the mobo or GPU

Reactions: Historical Fidelity
Feb 13, 2022
Very valid question, I’ve built quite a few of my console friends their first gaming pc’s and 2 out of the 3 have called me asking why they are not getting any picture and it was because they were plugging their monitor into their motherboard instead of graphics card.
Very valid question, I’ve built quite a few of my console friends their first gaming pc’s and 2 out of the 3 have called me asking why they are not getting any picture and it was because they were plugging their monitor into their motherboard instead of graphics card.
I had the HDMI cable plugged into GPU which did not work, so I tried with just integrated graphics from my CPU and still nothing.

Feb 13, 2022
I don't see your ram in the compatibility list not saying it's not but not on the list could be ram
I've tried a whole new board, with another CPU and different ram that I borrowed from a friend that he knew for sure worked and I had the same problem. Everything works, but no picture out. The only thing the same from my build was the power supply. I'm leaning toward that being the issue.

I've tried a whole new board, with another CPU and different ram that I borrowed from a friend that he knew for sure worked and I had the same problem. Everything works, but no picture out. The only thing the same from my build was the power supply. I'm leaning toward that being the issue.
At this point only thing left and I can see it being the case you have a original Corsair cx model which are known for their GPU power issue

Feb 13, 2022
At this point only thing left and I can see it being the case you have a original Corsair cx model which are known for their GPU power issue
I don't know what the issue is. A different power supply did not fix the problem. I am going to take it to a shop and see what can be found. I'm still just getting the CPU debug led on motherboard and all lights and fans work. Just no picture out

MarkJohnson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I would take it all out of the case, then find a room with no carpet. Take the PSU, MB with CPU and RAM installed, and use the integrated graphics. And bench test it. you'll need monitor/keyboard/mouse.

Maybe the case is shorted out somewhere or poor quality case parts causing issues?

But you should always benchtest everything before putting it in the case with the least amount of things connected to the MB. It makes for easier diagnosing, anyway.

Remember, no carpet.

Reactions: Historical Fidelity
May 21, 2021
I would take it all out of the case, then find a room with no carpet. Take the PSU, MB with CPU and RAM installed, and use the integrated graphics. And bench test it. you'll need monitor/keyboard/mouse.

Maybe the case is shorted out somewhere or poor quality case parts causing issues?

But you should always benchtest everything before putting it in the case with the least amount of things connected to the MB. It makes for easier diagnosing, anyway.

Remember, no carpet.

Also if you still have the motherboard box, it makes a great bench rest for the components while you test outside of the case. Just remember to wipe down the mobo box with a dust cloth beforehand if it has been collecting dust.