[SOLVED] What is my speed in my organisation?

Sep 6, 2019
Hi people. Hope you can help me.

I am being asked by an external contractor i am working with...what is the speed of the pipe coming into my organisation.
Speed coming and going out?

I have access to servers and switches...but i am not long her in the IT department and nothing is documented.
My boss is of no help...either.

Is there a query or command i can run on the core router that will tell me what the max speed coming in is...? And outgoing too?

Hope that makes sense. Sorry if my terminology is not correct.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Run speedtest.net as close to the AP as possible, hardwired. Run it a few times, and then use the average, for real world speeds. Not going to get precisely what your organization is paying the ISP, but you'll be in the ballpark for upload and download speeds. Keep in mind the results are in megabits not megabytes per second.

Remeca

Reputable
Run speedtest.net as close to the AP as possible, hardwired. Run it a few times, and then use the average, for real world speeds. Not going to get precisely what your organization is paying the ISP, but you'll be in the ballpark for upload and download speeds. Keep in mind the results are in megabits not megabytes per second.

Solution
Sep 6, 2019
You can not accurately use any speed test service if you have people on your network using some/all your bandwidth!! I would guess you can't disconnect everyone just to run a speed test which will give you varied results anyway. Check with your ISP, monitor your network and perform a test out of hours from the core of your network.