What is Printer Properties Default used for

SELECT THE PRINTER AND CLICK PROPERTIES
General/Printing Preferences/Advance/Paper Size
Change to A5

THEN GO BACK (by clicking OK twice)
Advanced/Printing Defaults/Advance/Paper Size
Change to A6

Now when is the A5 used
and when is the A6 used?

I know if I open Wordpad it will start in A5
If I change in WordPad to B5
leave it and open it again it still starts in A5
Check the printer/properties and they are still A5 and A6

So what is Printer Defaults?
Where does it come from?
What is it used for?

Thanks for any info

Replied to your first posting.

**Developer** wrote:

> SELECT THE PRINTER AND CLICK PROPERTIES
> General/Printing Preferences/Advance/Paper Size
> Change to A5
>

> THEN GO BACK (by clicking OK twice)
> Advanced/Printing Defaults/Advance/Paper Size
> Change to A6
>

> Now when is the A5 used
> and when is the A6 used?
>

> I know if I open Wordpad it will start in A5
> If I change in WordPad to B5
> leave it and open it again it still starts in A5
> Check the printer/properties and they are still A5 and A6
>

> So what is Printer Defaults?
> Where does it come from?
> What is it used for?
>

> Thanks for any info

Could you please cut and paste and send it for this posting.

Every once in a while I post something and when I download it, OE says it's
nolonger available so I post it again. That may have happened with this
one - I don't remember.

Right now my OE only shows one post. Sounds like you see two. I don't know
how to get to the other post.

Thanks

> Replied to your first posting.
>
> **Developer** wrote:
>
>> SELECT THE PRINTER AND CLICK PROPERTIES
>> General/Printing Preferences/Advance/Paper Size
>> Change to A5
>>

>> THEN GO BACK (by clicking OK twice)
>> Advanced/Printing Defaults/Advance/Paper Size
>> Change to A6
>>

>> Now when is the A5 used
>> and when is the A6 used?
>>

>> I know if I open Wordpad it will start in A5
>> If I change in WordPad to B5
>> leave it and open it again it still starts in A5
>> Check the printer/properties and they are still A5 and A6
>>

>> So what is Printer Defaults?
>> Where does it come from?
>> What is it used for?
>>

>> Thanks for any info

I found it in Google

///
The default is what is used by a "new" account. Printing preferences
will contain the "default" until you configure changes. Opening an app
will load "Printing Preferences" Any changes made in an app are only
used for that session of the app.
///

It's used by windows to load Preferences when a new printer is added or a
new account is added? Is that correct?

Thanks

" **Developer**" <REMOVEdeveloper@a-znet.com> wrote in message
> Could you please cut and paste and send it for this posting.
>
> Every once in a while I post something and when I download it, OE says
> it's nolonger available so I post it again. That may have happened with
> this one - I don't remember.
>
> Right now my OE only shows one post. Sounds like you see two. I don't
> know how to get to the other post.
>

> Thanks
>

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Replied to your first posting.
>>
>> **Developer** wrote:
>>
>>> SELECT THE PRINTER AND CLICK PROPERTIES
>>> General/Printing Preferences/Advance/Paper Size
>>> Change to A5
>>>

>>> THEN GO BACK (by clicking OK twice)
>>> Advanced/Printing Defaults/Advance/Paper Size
>>> Change to A6
>>>

>>> Now when is the A5 used
>>> and when is the A6 used?
>>>

>>> I know if I open Wordpad it will start in A5
>>> If I change in WordPad to B5
>>> leave it and open it again it still starts in A5
>>> Check the printer/properties and they are still A5 and A6
>>>

>>> So what is Printer Defaults?
>>> Where does it come from?
>>> What is it used for?
>>>

>>> Thanks for any info

Say you "share" the printer, the default will populate the preferences
when someone connects to that printer. Now whatever is in preferences
will be loaded to be used when an application opens, the preferences can
be "overridden" at print time by changing the settings in "properties"
of the print dialog. Closing and reopening the application will of
course reload the "printing preferences" for printing.

**Developer** wrote:

> I found it in Google
>
> ///
> The default is what is used by a "new" account. Printing preferences
> will contain the "default" until you configure changes. Opening an app
> will load "Printing Preferences" Any changes made in an app are only
> used for that session of the app.
> ///
>
> It's used by windows to load Preferences when a new printer is added or a
> new account is added? Is that correct?
>

> Thanks
>

> " **Developer**" <REMOVEdeveloper@a-znet.com> wrote in message
>
>>Could you please cut and paste and send it for this posting.
>>
>>Every once in a while I post something and when I download it, OE says
>>it's nolonger available so I post it again. That may have happened with
>>this one - I don't remember.
>>
>>Right now my OE only shows one post. Sounds like you see two. I don't
>>know how to get to the other post.
>>

>>Thanks
>>

>>"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Replied to your first posting.

Thanks a lot

> Say you "share" the printer, the default will populate the preferences
> when someone connects to that printer. Now whatever is in preferences will
> be loaded to be used when an application opens, the preferences can be
> "overridden" at print time by changing the settings in "properties" of the
> print dialog. Closing and reopening the application will of course reload
> the "printing preferences" for printing.
>
> **Developer** wrote:
>
>> I found it in Google
>>
>> ///
>> The default is what is used by a "new" account. Printing preferences
>> will contain the "default" until you configure changes. Opening an app
>> will load "Printing Preferences" Any changes made in an app are only
>> used for that session of the app.
>> ///
>>
>> It's used by windows to load Preferences when a new printer is added or a
>> new account is added? Is that correct?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> " **Developer**" <REMOVEdeveloper@a-znet.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Could you please cut and paste and send it for this posting.
>>>
>>>Every once in a while I post something and when I download it, OE says
>>>it's nolonger available so I post it again. That may have happened with
>>>this one - I don't remember.
>>>
>>>Right now my OE only shows one post. Sounds like you see two. I don't
>>>know how to get to the other post.
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>

>>>"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You're welcome.