What is Ring/LLC Clock?

Aug 18, 2018
Hi! So I finished overclocking my i7-6700k to 4.6Ghz(I think) with 1.28V and for now it seems stable. Now... When I opened hwinfo it says that my Core clock is 4,600MHz does that mean is overclocked successfully to 4.6Ghz? Because when I open my motherboard it says that my cpu is running at 4.0Ghz but I suppose it's a bug because when I open task manager it shows that my cpu is running at 4.6Ghz and Hwinfo says core #0-3 clock: 4,600MHz. Which I suppose it means that my CPU is running successfully at 4.6GHz. Can you guys clarify this? Am I actually overclocked or am I looking at the wrong thing? I don't know what is Ring/LLC Clock stands for in hwinfo but it says 4,100MHz is that the actual clock or what? Or do I even need to touch that? Please help me understand. Give me a short answer if possible. Thank you!

Edit 2.0: I meant when I open bios, not the motherboard

Solution
I'm sorry, I confused the two. Ring ratio is the interconnect between the cores, cache, memory controllers, etc. and the uncore ratio is the cache/memory clock. It's best to have a 1:1 clock ratio between all of them, but having ring and uncore slightly less than is fine because it will usually allow the core clock to go higher without causing instability.
[strike]Ring/LLC [/strike] *Uncore* is the cache memory clock of the CPU. You can overclock it some, but it may cause instability. I've heard you should keep it within 500MHz or less of the core clock speed.

I think you are overclocked at 4.6GHz. What do you mean when you open your motherboard?

Aug 18, 2018
I meant when I open bios, not the motherboard. Sorry! So my ring is at a good MHz since is 500MHz or less of the core clock speed? Also, can you explain me what is uncore ratio? My uncore ratio is at 41x multiplier, is that important for overclock or should I leave it as it is?

I'm sorry, I confused the two. Ring ratio is the interconnect between the cores, cache, memory controllers, etc. and the uncore ratio is the cache/memory clock. It's best to have a 1:1 clock ratio between all of them, but having ring and uncore slightly less than is fine because it will usually allow the core clock to go higher without causing instability.

Solution
Aug 18, 2018
So basically if my cpu passes the prime95 24h test(currently at 14 hr) + some other minor tests then it means I can fully enjoy my 4.6Ghz overclock even though my uncore ratio is 41x?

Yes. I personally don't see the point in 24hr testing on a gaming system. It's unnecessary wear and tear IMO. 1hr is usually good enough for me and my system. If my games are that important that I needed 100% certainty that my system didn't crash, I wouldn't be overclocking.