What is System Reserved, and can i delete it? ( or at least hide it)

zombiehacker

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
So i recently bought a 500gb SSD for my PC. I decided to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, which all went fine and dandy, but now i have a 100mb partition on my computer called "System Reserved". It has a single 1kb file in it named "$UpgDrv$" (No clue what that means), and i'm wondering if i can delete it? Deletion isn't necessary, but at the very least i want it gone from my "this PC" page as it's absolutely infuriating to look at. (I like things to be neat.)

While we're on that topic, is it possible to also hide the Disk Drive from "this PC", as well as a random USB drive that isn't actually plugged in?

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Try this:
Disconnect the old HDD
Power on
Go into Disk Management
Right click on that 'D' partition
What options does it give you? (hopefully more than before)

USAFRet

Titan

1. No you cannot delete it. If you do, no boot for you
2. It should NOT appear in 'This PC'. Does it have a drive letter?
If so, just remove that drive letter in Disk Management.

zombiehacker

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I went into disk management, and the the partition doesn't allow me to alter anything, not really sure why.

http://i.imgur.com/bzGvurv.png

zombiehacker

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Removing the old HDD Got rid of the System Reserved partition.

http://i.imgur.com/OgDcS2k.png

Now, i'm not really sure what's happening. It only appeared when i installed windows onto the SSD.

McHenryB

Admirable
I suspect that you are seeing the System Reserved partition from your hard disk, not the SSD. Have you tried deallocating the drive letter from that partition? (If I am right you could probably safely delete that partition but, for the sake of 100MB I wouldn't risk it.)

zombiehacker

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Yea you are right, i assumed it was part of the SSD since it only showed up in my "this PC" after i installed it. I'll just hide it.