[SOLVED] What is that on my laptop cpu?

Apr 21, 2020
Hey guys I recently opened up my laptop due to overheating problems. I googled it and found some answers about the black plastic thing. But on the other one its covering the whole chipset and mine is just sitting there on the right side of the heat spreader?

it‘s a little dirty on the pic but I cleaned that all with 99% alcohol after taking the pic and applied new thermal compound got 20 degrees celsius down issue solved but still curious what that is...
90a27fR.jpg

its a i5 4210h I think

Solution
It's just some sort of protective film. I'd expect it is just there to keep heatsink compound off the transistors which are normally exposed. As they slather on gobs of heatsink compound in the factory.
Apr 21, 2020
It's just some sort of protective film. I'd expect it is just there to keep heatsink compound off the transistors which are normally exposed. As they slather on gobs of heatsink compound in the factory.
Thanks for the fast reply, yeah I kind of thought so too, another thing why is this cpu shaped so weird? Is that a thing in laptop cpus? Do you know anything about that.... if not all cool