What is that one movie that ALWAYS brings on the tears for you?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i am curious to hear what that one movie is that gets to you every single time. no matter how many times you've seen it, you will always cry when watching it. for me there is only one but you may have more than one i guess.

for me Shawshank Redemption brings on the waterworks at the end every single time. when i see morgan freeman walking down the beach toward tim robins i start crying every single time. knowing how much he missed his friend and he's gonna get the happily ever after with him, never fails to get me.

so what's yours??

Colif

Win 11 Master
Wall E (it makes me happy, i don't cope with happy very well)

I don't watch movies, I prefer to not waste that much time watching anything other than a game (yes, I am strange). I hadn't been to a cinema for over 20 years before last year, I haven't noticed they are closed. I don't miss them. Nothing worth seeing anyway.

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Grave of the fireflies. There is a lot in the movie that is sad, but there is one particular scene that just breaks my heart. You'll know when you see it.

Dec 16, 2020
Gladiator and Braveheart.

Gladiator is over his wife and son. Braveheart is when his friends watch him being tortured at the end.

Amazing films.

D

Deleted member 14196

In CARS when he pushes Richard Petty (The King) over the finish line. Followed by Paul Newman telling him he has "A Lot of Stuff"

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
another one that does hit me due to my personal combat experiences is the end of Saving Private Ryan, where they are sitting in the cemetary looking at the captain's grave and he begs his family to tell him he's led a worthy life and deserves the sacrifices made for him.

having to carry that his whole life and how it clearly shaped him, hits me pretty deep as well.

Reactions: Frindis

jamzkang

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Surprisingly....Adam Sandler's movie....Click which came out in 2006. That had me choked up and close to tears. I've actually never teared up in a movie but that one...

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
"Burn" and "It's Quiet Uptown" from Hamilton.

It's recorded Broadway but it was streamed as a movie on D+, so I hope it counts.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you asked me as a kid... Bambi

now? Not so much

h3Aaw.gif

D

Deleted member 217926

Bambi vs Godzilla is a better movie. Shamu just doesn't have the acting chops of the big lizard guy. :p

It's been years since I saw a movie good enough to make me cry. Most stuff from the last 20 years is all hot garbage special effects with no cohesive plot so it sells in foreign markets. There's no emotional investment anymore.

I can think of some music, some really good TV, a few hundred books and some really good video games though. Right off the top of my head the last few hours of Mass Effect 3 comes to mind.

minnin90

Commendable
Sep 1, 2021
i am curious to hear what that one movie is that gets to you every single time. no matter how many times you've seen it, you will always cry when watching it. for me there is only one but you may have more than one i guess.

for me Shawshank Redemption brings on the waterworks at the end every single time. when i see morgan freeman walking down the beach toward tim robins i start crying every single time. knowing how much he missed his friend and he's gonna get the happily ever after with him, never fails to get me.

so what's yours??

prob when Kong falls off the Empire Building in King Kong (2005 remake)...Naomi Watts was so emotional that look sold me on how damn good she is.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Braveheart seconded, but the back to back funerals at the beginning always get me.

Similarly, Thor Dark World, that middle scene when they have the massive funeral.

Also "You dropped your rock..." makes me smile every time. (I blame my grandmother, she got onto one of those VHS subscriptions back in the day, so we had a huge library and Braveheart got put on in the background because it was long. Have to cancel those subscriptions with notarized letters if I recall...)