[SOLVED] what is the absolute minimum requirement to run dual monitors?

Oct 23, 2019
i need some help sourcing a graphics card for my pc (HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF). i want to run a second monitor. i know my pc won't be able to handle anything high end so all i need is the bear minimum. any advice would be amazing. thanks in advance

Solution
What video outputs does it have?

What are you doing on each monitor?

As long as it's not graphically intense then the integrated graphics on the CPU is usually more then enough to run multi monitors. If your trying to game on it you'll need to make sure there's enough room by the PCIE slot to house a card and more then likely it will need to be low profile but also that the PSU is up to the task to power it even if the card doesn't require additional power from the PSU. A GT 1030 2gb (non DDR4 version) would probably be the GPU I'd pair with it but 240W is cutting it close.

WildCard999

Titan
What video outputs does it have?

What are you doing on each monitor?

As long as it's not graphically intense then the integrated graphics on the CPU is usually more then enough to run multi monitors. If your trying to game on it you'll need to make sure there's enough room by the PCIE slot to house a card and more then likely it will need to be low profile but also that the PSU is up to the task to power it even if the card doesn't require additional power from the PSU. A GT 1030 2gb (non DDR4 version) would probably be the GPU I'd pair with it but 240W is cutting it close.

Solution