What is the BEST $40 gaming mouse

Drew P

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2015
Drew P
My friend has a low budget but still wants a really nice gaming mouse. He would prefer it to be green red or blue and will use it for gaming like I said before.

-Thanks in advance!!!

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Mouse: Mionix Naos 3200 Wired Optical Mouse ($45.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $45.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-14 10:36 EDT-0400

Bit over 40 dollars but It's a very good mouse.

Alternatives:
Steelseries Sensei RAW
Logitech G402
CM Storm Xornet (It's the one I have, bought it for a lot cheaper than the price tag it has right now though. Not sure if It's worth that but also a fine mouse for gaming)
Corsair Raptor M3

AlexanderDomin

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014

I use a Corsair M65. It is black and silver with blue LEDs. It feels nice in the hand and looks stylish (in my opinion).
It has a clickable scroll wheel and two thumb buttons. You can set three customizable DPI settings, and there is an additional "sniper button" on the thumb which can be used to toggle a fourth custom DPI setting.
It's a pretty versatile mouse, and well worth the price. The sniper button is a lifesaver for shooters, and the side buttons are useful in every genre. You can bind them to macros for MMOs (though your friend doesn't play them), you can assign them to secondary fire options for shooters, you can hotkey them in an FPS, you can use them to navigate a web browser, et cetera.
The only thing I'd be worried about is the braided cord. I had mine plugged into a laptop for about a year, and it has been bumped enough times it seems to have weakened. I have it hooked to a desktop now and have not have any problems. If I weren't so rough on it in the first place I would not have had an issue.
My M65 is still going strong, and I am considering buying another one now just to ensure I have one on hand when mine inevitably dies. I have never been as satisfied with a mouse in my life, as I have with my M65.

Side note, I have had two Razer mice (a Naga and something else) and both have been DOA. I realize this is probably not typical, but I will never buy another one nor would I recommend them to a friend.

jbgarcia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
When I bought my gaming laptop about 2 years ago, I also needed a budget gaming mouse that performed well, and I settled on the Team Scorpion X-Luca. It's about $30-40, depending on where you buy it. It has 4 DPI settings so that you can switch depending on your need (precision such as in an RTS, or speed such as in an online shooter). One cool thing I like about it is that depending on the DPI setting you choose, the inside lights up in either red, blue, or purple, or off when at the lowest settings, so you always know what setting you have selected. It also feels good in your hand when playing for long periods, and isn't heavy or cumbersome. Plus, the cord is braided, so it's pretty strong, although it tends to coil a bit.

http://www.teamscorpion.net/design3.php

http://www.amazon.com/TEAM-SCORPION-X-LUCA-features-real-time/dp/B006V5S2OE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429470295&sr=8-1&keywords=team+scorpion+x-luca

I would also recommend that your friend buys a quality cloth mousepad. I have a SteelSeries QcK (normal size, but is actually quite big). It costs about $10.

TRENDING THREADS