What is the best 8gb ram for the z87x-oc

deadlytivo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
Some other components : i5 4670k, z87x-oc, gtx 970, Samsing ssd 840 120gb, Western Digital Black 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB .

I purchased a Gskill Ripjaw series cl8 4gbx2 memory stick which causes constant reboot. I am guessing it is a compatibility issue.

Anyways, what would be a good ram build with this build for less than $100 au / $75 US ?
It'll primarily be for gaming, so I am guessing 8gb is good.

Solution
If you replaced existing memory with that memory then you need to reset CMOS then put it in.
That memory should work with that motherboard.
Are you trying to use the new memory with your old memory? If so list your old memory.

deadlytivo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013

Didn't purchase it from here, but it's the same model number.

Looking down, it looks like the 1150 isn't compatible based on this :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445

When I use the new ram sticks, it won't even boot into bios - I just get endless loop reboots.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
You could try ram from Amazon. I am using Kingston green ram in my PC 2x4 sticks of 8gb of ram. Works like charm and no deflects. You could also try HyperX. It is cheaper then most brands and pretty good quality.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If you replaced existing memory with that memory then you need to reset CMOS then put it in.
That memory should work with that motherboard.
Are you trying to use the new memory with your old memory? If so list your old memory.

Solution

deadlytivo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013

I'm not combining them - I know their timings are different and won't work.

Do I cmos while the new ram is in the slot? Cause I did a bios update to try to get this to work, which reset all bios settings, then put the ram sticks in. It still caused the reboots.

deadlytivo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013

I can't test the ram since using the new ram sticks causes endless reboots - I can't even get into bios.
I even tried doing one ram stick at a time.

deadlytivo

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013

I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for five minutes while the ram slots were empty, then had the new ram sticks inserted.

The reboots persisted. I tried a few variables with one at a time, different slots. Re-inserting my old ram pair got it to work, although it did do the reboot nonesense the first 2 boots, but it has been working flawlessly now with a few manual reboots to make sure. I guess the cmos reset was successful, since it redirected me to a page asking to load optimised defaults.

The new ram pair still don't even load the bios.