What is the best Air Cooler For an Intel i3 8100

BLAZNGCOLDBACON

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
I am getting an intel i3 8100 and a Asus Z370-F Board (i plan to upgrade later to a i5 8600k) and i am getting G.SKILL Ripjaws V 8GB and i want to know what is the best cooler right now for this processor and won't interfere with the RAM sticks. My budget is $50 Canadian.

Solution
You have 3x choices.
1. Use stock cooler on i3 until you get the i5, then upgrade the cooler.
2. Buy a decent cooler now (you'll nerd to check case dimensions for max height air cooler) and just swap the cpu later.
3. Waste money on a budget cooler now and purchase decent cooler for i5 later.

Personally I'd recommend #1 or #2, as #3 is halfway to a decent cooler anyways, no real point in doin it halfway. That i3 isn't exactly a beast cpu as far as TDP is concerned, but either way you'll need to know case dimensions as not all cases will fit the big air coolers such as the NH-D15 or scythe Fuma.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Just to save you from having to buy a better air cooler in the future for your i5, I recommend either Noctua NH-U12S or NH-D15, as well as Scythe Fuma. Those are all high end air coolers capable of moderate overclocking in the future, and needless to say these coolers will keep your i3 very frosty with minimal noise outputs.

I think the only cooler with RAM clearance issues will be the NH-D15, and I'm still not even entirely certain. RAM clearance should be relatively okay across the board.

EDIT: If you're willing to buy a new air cooler in the future, just get yourself a Cryorig H7 as a placeholder cooler since it's easily the best cooler for the money.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have 3x choices.
1. Use stock cooler on i3 until you get the i5, then upgrade the cooler.
2. Buy a decent cooler now (you'll nerd to check case dimensions for max height air cooler) and just swap the cpu later.
3. Waste money on a budget cooler now and purchase decent cooler for i5 later.

Personally I'd recommend #1 or #2, as #3 is halfway to a decent cooler anyways, no real point in doin it halfway. That i3 isn't exactly a beast cpu as far as TDP is concerned, but either way you'll need to know case dimensions as not all cases will fit the big air coolers such as the NH-D15 or scythe Fuma.

Solution