Question What is the best Am2+ cpu

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
I have a gigabyte ga-ma74gm-s2h motherboard and need a 64 bit cpu that can play Fortnite at recommended settings
I have 8gb ram and I am going to buy a gpu

What cpu do you have now?
All modern processors are 64 bit capable.
I presume you mean that you need to support a 64 bit version of windows.
In which case, you are ok now.

I doubt that one should spend anything at all on such an old and obsolete platform.

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
What cpu do you have now?
All modern processors are 64 bit capable.
I presume you mean that you need to support a 64 bit version of windows.
In which case, you are ok now.

I doubt that one should spend anything at all on such an old and obsolete platform.
Amd Athlon x2 (tm) 245 processor

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's not AM2+. The best possible cpu that actually works in that AM2+ mobo is an AM3 cpu, specifically the Phenom II x6 1100T. It's a 125w cpu in a board designed to handle upto a 140w AM2+ cpu. Not entirely sure how much OC you'd get with such a high wattage cpu on that particular mobo.

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Ok thanks
It's not AM2+. The best possible cpu that actually works in that AM2+ mobo is an AM3 cpu, specifically the Phenom II x6 1100T. It's a 125w cpu in a board designed to handle upto a 140w AM2+ cpu. Not entirely sure how much OC you'd get with such a high wattage cpu on that particular mobo.
Ok what about the best am2+ cpu

Reactions: greigm78

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. Your motherboard will only support 95w cpus. The Phenom II x6 1100T is a 125w cpu. If you go to the link COLGeek was nice enough to supply, then click on Cpu Support list, it lists all the AMD cpus that physically fit, but if you look at 'Since bios revision' all the way on the right, every 125w cpu is listed as N/A, as in Nope, Absolutely not.

You can still use a Phenom II x6, it'll just have to be the 95w version, such as the 1055T

Reactions: geofelt

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
No. Your motherboard will only support 95w cpus. The Phenom II x6 1100T is a 125w cpu. If you go to the link COLGeek was nice enough to supply, then click on Cpu Support list, it lists all the AMD cpus that physically fit, but if you look at 'Since bios revision' all the way on the right, every 125w cpu is listed as N/A, as in Nope, Absolutely not.

You can still use a Phenom II x6, it'll just have to be the 95w version, such as the 1055T
So I can use Phenom II X6 1065T this cpu.

TRENDING THREADS