[SOLVED] What is the best and latest CPU that can be used with an x570 MotherBoard?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I currently have an ASUS x570-P MotherBoard and a R5-3600x with 32GB of RAM. I was wondering with that configuration what would be the best upgrade for my system? I was looking at both an R7 5700x and 5800x. Are there advantages one better than the other? Or is either one the best option at this point?

Solution
D
I currently record games( Madden 22 primarily but need a CPU that will run NCAA 14 on the RPCS3 emulator without serious audio problems) , edit with vegas and do voice commentary on them.
The editing and voice commentary is not a problem at all.
5700x would handle what you explained with no issues and for the price it is the right choice overall.

Ralston18

Titan
The first step is to go to the Asus website and verify what CPUs are indeed supported by your motherboard model and version.

Pay attention to the fine print. Also check/verify via Forums and FAQs. Look for what is said as well as what is not said.

Second, how do you use your computer? What software do you run and what level(s) of CPU performance are required and recommended.

Most software provides some listing of hardware requirements in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want minimal and you do want as much best as you can afford.

What is your budget?

May well be worth a few dollars more now to allow for future growth.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I currently record games( Madden 22 primarily but need a CPU that will run NCAA 14 on the RPCS3 emulator without serious audio problems) , edit with vegas and do voice commentary on them.

D

Deleted member 362816

5700x would handle what you explained with no issues and for the price it is the right choice overall.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i went with a 5900x from a 3600x cause the price was so dang low.

does not sound like you need the 12 cores, but for the money i went with it and know i will be buying a new platform before needing more cpu power. lol

mostly i need the cores for vm's, but it is nice to know i can do pretty much any multitasking and not worry about resources.

Reactions: alexbirdie

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not do a 5800x3D. For the minimal gains in fps in high cache use games, it's simply not worth the price currently. A 5900x gets right around the same fps, a few less, but has better coverage in other areas, the 5800x is better all around.
5700x $286
5800x $328
5900x $399
5800x3D $449

The 5800x3D is good for only 1 thing, benchmark fps in certain games that can take advantage of the L3 cache, but those are generally of no use, being higher than the refresh of the monitor, and not really enough of a gain to affect lag to any meaningful degree.

Right now, I'd say the 5600 ($179) is budget value king, 5700x is best all around price/performance, 5900x for performance/price.

Reactions: alexbirdie

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
think i paid $379 for my 5900x couple weeks ago. whiile the rest of the ryzen line-up is priced well right now, that is an insane price for 12 cores/24 threads!!

the 5700x or 5600 would be my other choices as the price goes down. the 5600x and 5800x bring little more to the table for their added cost.